[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1MZ-FE Jp Performance Headers/Exhaust
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

1MZ-FE Jp Performance Headers/Exhaust

Re: Exhaust too?

Postby Flipside909 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:30 am

JMSinMaryland wrote:So technically the aftermarket cat-back exhaust voided my warranty? I understand a 10psi pulley and S-AFC voiding warranty but I don't really think headers/y-pipe/cat-back really affect anything major as to actually affect a part and therefore the warranty. Jon. p.s. is this stuff listed in the owner's manual or the Toyota website?

Because a catback exhaust doesn't alter your catalytic converter and sensor mounting locations...it's okay. Now...if you do alter the cat all the way to the headers...that's where the technicalities kick in. Warranty info should be listed in the Toyota Owners Warranty guide...the thinner supplemental booklet that is the size of your owners manual.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:46 pm

OT - i know....sorrie but i have to

JMSinMaryland can u please change ur icon???....its rather offensive to me!!!....thanx

-michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Why's that

Postby JMSinMaryland » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:55 am

Only people it should be offensive to is Nazi's, neo-Nazi's, etc. If you fall into any of the aforementioned categories I really don't care about offending you. If you don't please explain to me how it is offensive. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:47 am

k, i over looked the nazi thing....but the gun to the head is what offended me. Bad memories if u understand what i mean.

Thanx
-Michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:22 pm

Take it to e-mail guys. And Jon, you could use a more appropriate avatar than that. We all don't like Hitler, but that doesn't belong here.

Thanks.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby alext14 » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:45 pm

hey eric I was wondering if ou ever got around to testing the headers on an automatic, and if so what were the gains in power like, and when can we expect to buy the headers, that is if they did fit on the auto.
alext14
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:51 am

alext14 wrote:hey eric I was wondering if ou ever got around to testing the headers on an automatic, and if so what were the gains in power like, and when can we expect to buy the headers, that is if they did fit on the auto.

Those headers are designed for any Camry/Solara 1MZ-FE application. It doesn't matter if you have auto or manual. But do expect lower numbers to the wheels with an auto due to driveline loss.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby xXsolaraXx » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:17 am

how much lower...i should be getting mine installed within this week...with manual i think it was 30whp....auto is less by...? L8r moe :evilbat:
xXsolaraXx
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:27 am

xXsolaraXx wrote:how much lower...i should be getting mine installed within this week...with manual i think it was 30whp....auto is less by...? L8r moe :evilbat:

Shouldn't be signifigantly less at all. Maybe 3-4FWHP at most.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ChiTownSolara » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:32 am

do u guys know if they are gonna go production on these headers yet? and if so, how will a regular guy like me go about gettin' me some of these new fangled headers? oh, and did i read it right that u get about 30 hp to the wheels, because that would be amazing for just headers.
ChiTownSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:35 am

ChiTownSolara wrote:do u guys know if they are gonna go production on these headers yet? and if so, how will a regular guy like me go about gettin' me some of these new fangled headers? oh, and did i read it right that u get about 30 hp to the wheels, because that would be amazing for just headers.

Not sure who else is a member of camryman.org, but i check there occasionally. (I know JMSinMaryland is). Jim @ FA was planning to put this into mass production by summer. I haven't heard much about them since a few weeks ago.

Also, yes the gains were 30FWHP with a 5spd, sc and 5.5psi pulley. Very impressive. Its not just headers though. Has a high flow cat and y pipe also :D
Last edited by Yanks0114 on Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:47 am

Yanks0114 wrote:
Not sure who else is a member of camryman.org, but i check there occasionally.

I've been a member there longer than anyone else has here. Even met the owner himself when he came out to SoCal for the first All Toyota Day @ Stillen. :)
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:55 am

Flipside909 wrote:
Yanks0114 wrote:
Not sure who else is a member of camryman.org, but i check there occasionally.

I've been a member there longer than anyone else has here. Even met the owner himself when he came out to SoCal for the first All Toyota Day @ Stillen. :)

Yeah, but do you check there alot. Just curious if anyone keeps up with the forum and if anyone knew more about the headers. Last I heard was Jim was looking into mass producing them for $500
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:58 am

Yeah, but do you check there alot. Just curious if anyone keeps up with the forum and if anyone knew more about the headers. Last I heard was Jim was looking into mass producing them for $500[/quote]

Yes I do, probably as much as or more than you. I rarely post there anymore since there are too many dip$hits and newbies asking stupid questions. I do more lurking than anything else.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Disagree

Postby JMSinMD » Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:37 pm

Ryan,
As far as I remember (maybe Gibson99 can check in archives??) I was at Camryman.org WAAAY before you. Not that I really care but I'm putting up the challenge =o). Jon.
JMSinMD

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5