[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2000 Oil Leak and other problems...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

2000 Oil Leak and other problems...

2000 Oil Leak and other problems...

Postby chris82 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello all. I have a used 2000 Solara that was gifted to me last December. My grandmother bought it new in 2000 and my mom did her best to destroy it before I got it.

Biggest problem is an oil leak that appears to be coming from the timing belt area. Here is a video I took of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMw9m_Kv0hU I drive about 20 miles per day and I have to put 1qt/day in to keep visible oil on the dipstick. Can anyone see/confirm that this is where the oil is leaking from the video? Any estimates on cost to fix?

Also as you can see in the video, I am missing my right passenger rim. Can I get a replacement at a Toyota dealership/elsewhere? For how much?

CE Light is on with insufficient EGR code. Main (middle) rear break light and right passenger fog lights are out. As you can hear in the video, the car is loud, much louder when when accelerating/driving. That video was taken at the parts department for a Chevy dealership and the mechanic thinks it's the flex pipe. Cost to fix?

A couple of other things...I'm missing a driver side mirror and there is a rusted/large dent on my trunk. If I get a replacement trunk and mirror, where can I get them painted at a fair price? I also had an egg-shaped key fob which was loose and I lost it about a month ago. I've read that only certain remotes work on certain models. This is my security 'box', directly below the ashtray in the center console: http://i.imgur.com/pGbbm.jpg Egg remotes seem to be hard to find/expensive online. Will a square one work?

Also, if there is anyone located near Akron, Ohio who is or knows fair-priced mechanics who specialize in Toyotas, that would be great.

Any help appreciated!
chris82
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5