[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara Performance
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Solara Performance

Solara Performance

Postby MadXtreme01 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:30 pm

I'm looking into geting a 99 solara 6cyl 5spd, but ive noticed that there isnt many performance upgrades out there. there is intake, exaust, sc, and thats about it, no gears, possibly a chip?, camshafts, throttle bodies, or any REAL engine modifications. Whats out there????
MadXtreme01

Postby onefiend » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:33 pm

thats it basically...intake, exhaust, s/c. Dont get a Solara if you want to mod out a ride, get yourself a Honda or Acura.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NaptownSolara » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:56 am

Or better yet, since everyone and their mother has a Honda or Acura, get a nice European car like a VW... they're nice for modding too, and usually are good sleeper cars.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:59 am

NaptownSolara wrote:Or better yet, since everyone and their mother has a Honda or Acura, get a nice European car like a VW... they're nice for modding too, and usually are good sleeper cars.

i didn't know what a gti was until i got smoked by one. they are really nice cars. i don't know if solaras will ever get to the point of hondas, in the aspect of being modded.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:18 pm

gti drool, 1.8 turbo! upgrade if w/ apr parts and ur runnin 300hp in that lil box
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:25 pm

go to camryclub.org. A guy their is producing ported heads for 1MZ V6 engines. This head is capable of 300 + HP with S/C. These heads will make your V6 engine breath better and raise the compression ratio..Therefore more HP.
-19" Konig Tantrum rims.. Sitting in the garage waiting for tires..
-TRD springs.. Sitting in the garage waiting for struts..
-Conrero aluminium foot pedals.. Sitting in the garage due to my laziness.
Jay
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:26 pm

ya but solaras are a lil more chunkier :P heavy rears :o
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5