[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Auto Window Roll-Down Feature with Stock Wireless Entry?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Auto Window Roll-Down Feature with Stock Wireless Entry?

Auto Window Roll-Down Feature with Stock Wireless Entry?

Postby tainted » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:24 pm

Anyone know if it's possible to get the "roll-down windows" remote feature with the stock Toyota wireless remote?
tainted
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:03 pm

Actually I've had a similar question that I keep forgetting about.

i want remote trunk release. Is that possible with the stock alarm? I have the 2000 SLE. Or would I have to have the old one uninstalled and put a new one in?
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:32 pm

ericatdallas wrote:Actually I've had a similar question that I keep forgetting about.

i want remote trunk release. Is that possible with the stock alarm? I have the 2000 SLE. Or would I have to have the old one uninstalled and put a new one in?

you know, eric, you read my mind! i was thinking about this today, i meant to post the question but forgot..thanks for reminding me!

i think the answer is no, but if you don't already have a trunk release on your remote, can you just buy the model w/ it and program it to work on your car?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:32 pm

My 2002 has a remote trunk release :D

It's great! The only place my key goes is into the starter/glove
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:17 pm

xravexboix wrote:My 2002 has a remote trunk release :D

What's are the sayings about salt in wounds? Twisting the knife? Can't remember... :)

Actually, I had also considered remote engine start, then the key wouldn't go anywhere :)
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:41 am

ericatdallas wrote:

What's are the sayings about salt in wounds? Twisting the knife? Can't remember... :)

Actually, I had also considered remote engine start, then the key wouldn't go anywhere :)

lol..welllll..you still have to put the key in the iginition if you want to make it outta your driveway!! hehe :angel:

At the time when i bought the car i didn't care that there wasn't a trunk release on the remote..i mean it's no big deal, it's just a matter or being lazy. the 00sle and 99sle i had to pick btw had all the same options, but the 00 had a trunk release. i wish that 00 had been black, not white! i would have bought it sooo fast! now, though, everytime i wash my car i wish i had the release sooo bad!! every single time i wanna get something out of the trunk i have to open the door and pop the trunk, which isn't that bad, but it's a pain! especially when your parked on the street and people only want to drive down when you're cleaning the car and trying to get the side facing the street...grrr..i hate that!

i'm giving myself a 2month deadline..gotta tint the windows still and get an otta-matic cah stahtah..lol..i've been in boston too long!! :P
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Fairlite » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:17 am

Missay wrote:
ericatdallas wrote:

lol..welllll..you still have to put the key in the iginition if you want to make it outta your driveway!! hehe :angel:

At the time when i bought the car i didn't care that there wasn't a trunk release on the remote..i mean it's no big deal, it's just a matter or being lazy. the 00sle and 99sle i had to pick btw had all the same options, but the 00 had a trunk release. i wish that 00 had been black, not white! i would have bought it sooo fast! now, though, everytime i wash my car i wish i had the release sooo bad!! every single time i wanna get something out of the trunk i have to open the door and pop the trunk, which isn't that bad, but it's a pain! especially when your parked on the street and people only want to drive down when you're cleaning the car and trying to get the side facing the street...grrr..i hate that!

i'm giving myself a 2month deadline..gotta tint the windows still and get an otta-matic cah stahtah..lol..i've been in boston too long!! :P

I put in a CompuSTAR alarm system in my 2000 SLE, It works well, the Engine Emobilizer still works correctly, Still locks my doors and lights the interior, Starts the car, Can be made ot pop the trunk with a Additional Solinoid, Can (with optional equipment) be made to crack the windows if it is hot out side. It also has a page built into the remote to notify you if your car is being tampered with. It has a disply on the front that shows the status of the car and if it is being tampered with what is being done to it (I.E: Door tampering, Hood Trunk, Impact, Broken Glass ETC.) Very nice System one of the best additions I added to the car besides my Stereo.
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Missay » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:16 pm

that sounds really nice..what ballpark are you looking at after parts and installation?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:37 pm

What EVER you do, do NOT get the Aladdin 2000 paging/remote start/etc alarm system. Problems kept comming up, and not a single shop in SD could help me. To top that off, their tech support sucks fat *ss.
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:51 pm

who manufactures the CompuSTAR alam?? that couldn't be a factory alarm could it?

Missay: an aftermarket alarm capable of all that could probably run you about $500-$600. :o
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Fairlite » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:42 am

Missay wrote:that sounds really nice..what ballpark are you looking at after parts and installation?

It is made by a company in alaska called Firsttech. The website is www.compustar.org They have won many awards at CES shows and have been making these types of alarms for a long time. I have NEVER had any trouble with it, it is the best alarm I have ever owned.

I had every thing but the trunk release installed for $595, to me it was worth every penny.
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:56 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking for $500-600 dollars I'll wait until my next car to be lazy :( if there was a couple hundred dollar upgrade I'd do that.

I wish Toyota would put the automatic seatbelts...Yeah, I'm THAT lazy!
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:35 pm

how do they program your car to have a keyless trunk release if you don't already have one? is that even possible?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Fairlite » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:02 pm

Missay wrote:how do they program your car to have a keyless trunk release if you don't already have one? is that even possible?

All that is needed is a solinoid to be added then the alarm takes care of the rest.
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5