[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Weird Noise while driving on wet roads
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Weird Noise while driving on wet roads

Weird Noise while driving on wet roads

Postby SC V6 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:10 pm

I was driving on a straight away on a road... the road had maybe a little rain, it was to the point where it would spatter up, nothing above an 8th of an inch... not tuchin the gas peddle or anything.. and when I hit the gas the engine seemed 3 times louder, and the center council and numeruous other things seemed to viberate with the increase in RPM's.. thinking that I was hydro planeing, I hit the gas real hard when it did it again, and my tires were not spinning as if I were hydro planeing... so I turned the traction control off and tried that also, nothing.. what would it be? It would do it for a little, then it would stop... and it did it when I hit the gas, after asking a mechanic if it was water getting into my intake, he told me that the car would shut off if it did that.. anyone have any ideas on what it could be???
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Re: Weird Noise while driving on wet roads

Postby Missay » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:30 pm

Scottv6 wrote:I was driving on a straight away on a road... the road had maybe a little rain, it was to the point where it would spatter up, nothing above an 8th of an inch... not tuchin the gas peddle or anything.. and when I hit the gas the engine seemed 3 times louder, and the center council and numeruous other things seemed to viberate with the increase in RPM's.. thinking that I was hydro planeing, I hit the gas real hard when it did it again, and my tires were not spinning as if I were hydro planeing... so I turned the traction control off and tried that also, nothing.. what would it be? It would do it for a little, then it would stop... and it did it when I hit the gas, after asking a mechanic if it was water getting into my intake, he told me that the car would shut off if it did that.. anyone have any ideas on what it could be???

hummm..no clue. the only thing i notice in the rain (which is very annoying!!) is the sound that the rims make if you go through a puddle near the inner curb. i have the standard OEM 16' alloys. anyone notice that the sound of the water hitting the tire makes it sound like you're hitting the curb? i hate it. i try to avoid the huge puddle from the sucky boston roads b/c it seems like the water goes right into the 5spoke rim design and just smashes into the tire well area! ewww...i really did think that i hit the curb really hard the first time it happened!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby happy_aggies » Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:57 pm

Yeah.... that is the difference between Lexus & Toyota. Lexus has rubber layer/coating at the bottom, so that it stays quite when it's raining.
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ericatdallas » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:10 am

I haven't noticed either noise but it doesn't rain a whole lot over here either.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5