[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Resale Value
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Resale Value

Resale Value

Postby Swamprat » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:41 pm

Though the Solara may seem expensive the final cost to own is what matters.

I had totaled my 2000 Solara SLE convertible, see Safe, Beautiful and Fun.
I just found out how much the insurance company is giving me.

76.5% of the original list value, that is for a three year old car with 48,000 miles on it.

The value was so good the insurance adjusters had to put it through two levels of management to approve the amount.

That means that this beautiful luxury car cost me under $8,ooo to own for three years and drive for 48,000 miles. I don't think a mercedes or BMW could match that.

Yes, as I said I will be getting my 2003 next week.
Swamprat

Postby evildre » Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:25 pm

Glad to hear you made it out alive, and glad to hear that Solaras are worth so much :D I think I made a good choice with the Solara, and your post pretty much confirmed that.
evildre
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

resale value

Postby trinityragtopper » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:08 pm

Good news about the resale value, and the evident safety features of the car. How did it get totaled?
trinityragtopper

Postby Swamprat » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:13 pm

I don't want to get into the details of the accident, but it was not the cars fault.
Swamprat

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5