[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I'm thinking of getting some Giovanna rims....
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

I'm thinking of getting some Giovanna rims....

I'm thinking of getting some Giovanna rims....

Postby toywme » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:50 pm

what do you guys think I should get and what size rim. I'm looking at getting 18's with Toyo T1-S.
toywme

Postby NASTY » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:56 pm

dont know much about the rims...
but those are SWEET tires!
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jay » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:17 pm

18" should do..

19"s are better...
-19" Konig Tantrum rims.. Sitting in the garage waiting for tires..
-TRD springs.. Sitting in the garage waiting for struts..
-Conrero aluminium foot pedals.. Sitting in the garage due to my laziness.
Jay
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby happy_aggies » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:15 pm

18x7.5 Offsett 35-45, tire 225/40/18. You need to roll rear fender if the offset is 35.
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

when upgrading my tires and rims......

Postby solarastunna' » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:52 pm

should I also upgrade my brakes also? I really like Brembo's cross drilled brakes. (I cannot stand the long braking distance currently on the Solara's)

Any other suggestions on nice performance rims, tires or brakes?

Thanks
solarastunna'
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby nkx1 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:05 pm

For the brakes, I like Powerstop drilled rotors. I had them on my prior car (integra), and I really liked them. I only paid around $330 for all 4 rotors and pads. Had them on for 1.5 years, and didn't have any probs with cracking etc. Since I just got my Alessio F1 rims (5-spoke design), you can see a lot of the brakes, and it would look pretty tight with the drilled rotors on. Anyway, I still need to check if the Powerstops are available for the Solara. I love them because they work awesome and they're cheap.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5