[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - A design flaw in the solara...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

A design flaw in the solara...

Postby ericatdallas » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:42 pm

Yikes, that's a bad problem with the window. I don't have that fortunately. That really sucks! Toyota should recall those!
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby soniasolara » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:34 pm

The worst is when the night before, there was lots of rain, and the next morning is sunny and slightly warm. So you roll down your windows and go for a drive, but if you make a hard turn, water comes dripping onto your inside door. And sometimes also your car seat and clothes!

I've noticed that my driver's side window, when I'm closing it, makes a small "click" or "knock" when the window's halfway up. It's as if something's not built in tightly or properly. But the window still works.
2001 SE, 5S-FE auto, 1C4
K&N stock replacement air filter
Kumho ECSTA HP4 716
soniasolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:06 pm

yeah, that has happened to me once, where it rained the night before and it was a cool morning. So I drive for about 5 minutes before I roll my windows down now.
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:08 pm

yuck..and it's always that old "stale" sticky rain. that makes no sense..but i hope you guys know what i mean.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:09 pm

Missay wrote:yuck..and it's always that old "stale" sticky rain. that makes no sense..but i hope you guys know what i mean.

no, I actually have no idea... That pollution must have gotten pretty bad up there since the last I visited huh? :)
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:13 pm

lol..that must be it. i feel so dirty if i'm in the rain..almost like i'm sticky or musty (is that a real word to describe it??)

you lived around boston for a while, didn't you?? what part?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:15 pm

Missay wrote:lol..that must be it. i feel so dirty if i'm in the rain..almost like i'm sticky or musty (is that a real word to describe it??)

you lived around boston for a while, didn't you?? what part?

yeah, rain is fine here, although supposedly it's suppose to be acidic. I haven't noticed. But thigns are getting worse. For several days this summer I thought it was going to rain but later found out it was a smog cloud! Wow! That was some smog!

I wasn't far from Boston, I lived in Braintree. Went to East Middle School ( I think it had anothre name too - but I forget). They're building a big car dealership near where I used to live (it used to be a shopping center).

A friend of mine told me recently that some guy down the street from us was apparently a serial killer and buried the bodies in his backyard. This was a couple of years ago or so. Maybe that gives you a general idea of where I was. :)

Yeah, was creepy when I heard it too. It wasn't quite down the street, but it was off some, within walking distance about a 2 miles or so. Don't remember exactly. Just know that I walked from my house to my friends house and I had to pass this guy's house and it took me about 20 minutes to get to my friend's.
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5