[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - keyless entry
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

keyless entry

keyless entry

Postby mhipsman » Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:02 am

just purchased a 2002 solara and its great.
i do have questions about the factory keyless entry.
1. where is module located?
2. is there a output so i can activate a remote starter using
factory remote?

go Solara
mhipsman

Re: keyless entry

Postby Flipside909 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:10 pm

mhipsman wrote:just purchased a 2002 solara and its great.
i do have questions about the factory keyless entry.
1. where is module located?
2. is there a output so i can activate a remote starter using
factory remote?

go Solara

The keyless entry ECU is usually located in the center console under the armrest box, or behind the dash somewhere.

No you cannot add a remote starter to it. That's where you have to buy an aftermarket system.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gunman » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:53 pm

You CAN add a remote start to with the keyless entry module. What your looking for is a stand alone remote start with a activation input. Viper has one under 551r or 551t. Any ground pulse would activate it the unit for remote start. The down side is that you are limited to only the factory keyless range which is a maxium of about 30.(toyota figures why do you need to open your car doors 150 yards away for?) What would be best is the viper 552t, this unit comes with on board realys for pos and neg door locks. (Camry uses Neg.) and also has an output for the trunk release as well as the remote start option. If you got any more questions contact me. This has been a public service announcement from your local neighborhood installer. :bday:
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:26 pm

does anyone know what the typical range is in feet for an ordinary car starter? (like how far away can you start the car from?)
i'm sure that each on varies, but i'm just curious b/c my car is usually parked far from me, whether it be at home, at work, etc. there's a place that will install one for 180$, but i don't wanna spend that if i'm not going to be able to reach from my window to down the street where the car's parked. :) if i were smart i'd just call and ask, but why not be lazy and ask you guys. lol.. i know ericatdallas can appreciate that! heheh :P
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:16 pm

it depends on the unit of corse, like the viper we use has at least a foot ball field range. What kind of starter do they have?
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:22 pm

Gunman Installer wrote:This has been a public service announcement from your local neighborhood installer. :bday:

so you're the random mystery man poster?? :D
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:37 pm

well if I can be of any help, please feel free to call on my services. :bday:
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:43 pm

thanks!

so what kind of installer are you specifically? audio?? or...
any company that we would be familiar w/?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:07 am

We pretty much do it all, audio, video, security, and just about any custom job you can think of. You can think of us as youi would Tweeters up there in mass. We have a good mix of nice hign end equipment. :wink:
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5