[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - V.I.P. alarm sensitivity
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

V.I.P. alarm sensitivity

V.I.P. alarm sensitivity

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:09 pm

Does anyone know how to increase the sensitivity on the glass breakage sensor of the V.I.P. RS3200 alarm. I just got the car back from the dealer after being d*cked around for 2 weeks, so I would rather adjust it myself than send it back to them. It's a 2003 SE. Can anyone help me?
Chris
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:15 am

I have no idea... however, you probably can call the dealer to ask them if it is adjustable. From what I've heard, it's not adjustable. It's only set to go off if the door handle is opened OR the car is started without first disabling the alarm system
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby aleath » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:49 pm

You have to locate the Glass Breakage Sensor ECU, according to the instructions its in the cowl on the drivers side. There is a screw along the top edge of the ECU that adjusts the sensitivity of the GBS.

So it is adjustable, its just do you want to do it yourself...
Silver 02 Solara SE V6
aleath
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:07 pm

That's the screw I have been looking for. I found one part of the alarm system under the center console box but that had nothing for me to play with. You mentioned the "instructions", what instructions do you speak of, all I have is an owner's guide to go by.

To answer your question, yes I want to do it myself.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Chris
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5