[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Regional Usergroups
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What Do You Think Of Starting Regional Usergroups?

Cool!
47%
It's About Time!
13%
Maybe
22%
No Enough Members Yet
19%

Total votes : 32

Regional Usergroups

Regional Usergroups

Postby ultramookie » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:15 pm

I think that it'll be cool if we started to use the "Usergroups" functionality of the boards (look up at the navbar at "Usergroups"). Then we can start making usergroups for the different regions of the country. This will allow for people to get together and have meets and stuff. The usergroups will allow me to send members email and stuff. So that usergroup moderators can plan out meets and events, then send me a private message and I can distribute via email.

What does everyone think?
Last edited by ultramookie on Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultramookie
the guy pulling all the levers
the guy pulling all the levers

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:07 am

Great idea! There are always posts about meets in certain areas, but not everyone has time to check the forum daily (like I do hahaha) and the post may get pushed back onto other pages with the older posts. So the ability to annouce group events through usergroup emails would be

FANTABULOUS

:D
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Re: Regional Usergroups

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:16 am

ultramookie wrote:

Sounds like a plan!
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Regional Usergroups

Postby NaptownSolara » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:39 am

Sounds good to me.

ultramookie wrote:I think that it'll be cool if we started to use the "Usergroups" functionality of the boards (look up at the navbar at "Usergroups"). Then we can start making usergroups for the different regions of the country. This will allow for people to get together and have meets and stuff. The usergroups will allow me to send members email and stuff. So that usergroup moderators can plan out meets and events, then send me a private message and I can distribute via email.

2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:55 pm

wasnt segeration made illegal by the supreme court. Then were gonna have east coast , west coast battles, who shot tupac and biggie arguments and so on and so on.............. cant we all just get along and unite in our passion for the solara :D
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:04 pm

Gunman Installer wrote:wasnt segeration made illegal by the supreme court. Then were gonna have east coast , west coast battles, who shot tupac and biggie arguments and so on and so on.............. cant we all just get along and unite in our passion for the solara :D

I'm pretty sure everyone here wouldn't want to drive across the country for a meet, therefore regional meets would be the answer! Obviously it will be announced in the forum, but, realistically (however you spell that...), only people in the REGION would show up... So bleh! "Segeration" is not what it is... we are still allowing anyone to come, we're just being realistic! :agrue: TAKE THAT! HAR HAR HAR

(haha)
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby krook » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:15 pm

uh. . .you guys, like. . .spelled segregation wrong :splat: j/k
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:35 pm

nah, don't worry..every one knows that the east coast sucks. it's just one of those things that's "understood" so there wouldn't be any fights over it..people just "know"....lol..do i hate boston or what??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:05 pm

:2gunfire: geez, cant anyone take a joke, I think your belts are on a little too tight :lol:

Postby Gunman » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:06 pm

besides we all know the east coast is the place to be. :P
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gunman » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:09 pm

opps , didnt realize i wasnt loged in up there. GO YANKS. :)
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:57 pm

Gunman Installer wrote:besides we all know the east coast is the place to be. :P

Riiight. :roll: I'll take my low humidity summers and mild winters over shoveling snow in the winter and bracing humid summers.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NaptownSolara » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:28 am

Hey, if you live in the Carolinas or further south, there's no snow, and the humidity isn't as bad. Unfortunately I live in Maryland, where there's just enough snow to annoy me, and enough humidity to kill an elephant :(

Flipside909 wrote:Riiight. :roll: I'll take my low humidity summers and mild winters over shoveling snow in the winter and bracing humid summers.
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:02 am

NaptownSolara wrote:Hey, if you live in the Carolinas or further south, there's no snow, and the humidity isn't as bad. Unfortunately I live in Maryland, where there's just enough snow to annoy me, and enough humidity to kill an elephant :(

haha, that is the exact same as northern va, considering we are probably within 30-40 miles of each other
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:06 am

omg....snow..it's coming soon!!

im scared!! i hate winters...ice, more ice, and did i mention ice?? o wow...and WINDCHILL!!! ahhhhhhh
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5