[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Regional Usergroups
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What Do You Think Of Starting Regional Usergroups?

Cool!
47%
It's About Time!
13%
Maybe
22%
No Enough Members Yet
19%

Total votes : 32

Regional Usergroups

Postby NaptownSolara » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:20 am

Yep, time to replace those summer wheels with the rims you don't mind getting corroded/scratched/mucked up in the winter sludge! :x-mas:

Missay wrote:omg....snow..it's coming soon!!

im scared!! i hate winters...ice, more ice, and did i mention ice?? o wow...and WINDCHILL!!! ahhhhhhh
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:01 pm

NaptownSolara wrote:Hey, if you live in the Carolinas or further south, there's no snow, and the humidity isn't as bad. Unfortunately I live in Maryland, where there's just enough snow to annoy me, and enough humidity to kill an elephant :(

Hehe, i've been to DC in the Summer and Winter months. Let me tell you, in the Summer, we've driven from DC to Florida. Humidity isn't bad? ha! It gets worse as you go further south. :(
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NaptownSolara » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:17 pm

No doubt it is sometimes worse down there, but my family lives in SC, and the humidity is quite a bit lower there than in the mid-atlantic, generally speaking.

Flipside909 wrote:Hehe, i've been to DC in the Summer and Winter months. Let me tell you, in the Summer, we've driven from DC to Florida. Humidity isn't bad? ha! It gets worse as you go further south. :(
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:46 am

come on who doesnt love a fun filled time of doughnuts? sleding snowball fights?
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NaptownSolara » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:24 am

Don't get me wrong. There's definately something awesome about sitting inside by the fire or having snowball fights, etc. but when I have to go to work regardless of the weather, and have to drive in 3-4 inches of brownish sludge that makes my car look like crap (don't even get me started on the salt afterward), it's like getting hit in the face with "the reality stick" :puppydogeyes:
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:51 am

NaptownSolara wrote:Don't get me wrong. There's definately something awesome about sitting inside by the fire or having snowball fights, etc. but when I have to go to work regardless of the weather, and have to drive in 3-4 inches of brownish sludge that makes my car look like crap (don't even get me started on the salt afterward), it's like getting hit in the face with "the reality stick" :puppydogeyes:

AND THE ICE!!!!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby soniasolara » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Missay wrote:
NaptownSolara wrote:Don't get me wrong. There's definately something awesome about sitting inside by the fire or having snowball fights, etc. but when I have to go to work regardless of the weather, and have to drive in 3-4 inches of brownish sludge that makes my car look like crap (don't even get me started on the salt afterward), it's like getting hit in the face with "the reality stick" :puppydogeyes:

AND THE ICE!!!!

Agreed. New England winters can make for a very dirty Solara. I unfortunately park my car outside, no garage, and between cleaning off the snow, scraping off the ice, then navigating the slippery parking lots, it's all something I don't want to put my car through.

-Teddy
soniasolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gunman » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:42 pm

My solara see snow? NEVER! My baby has a nice garage to sleep over the winter. :D
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:12 pm

Gunman Installer wrote:My solara see snow? NEVER! My baby has a nice garage to sleep over the winter. :D

i'm jealous!! i don't even get a driveway! my sister has senority so i get the street...i don't know what i'm gonna do when it comes to snow plowing..one thing for sure..i'll have to leave the house like an hour bef i have to start driving..

5mins to navigate down the stairs trying not to fall on ice!
another 5mins to walk to where the car is taking baby steps so you don't fall
5mins trying to climb the massive snow bank that my car is now surrounded by on at least 2 sides
30mins to dig thru the great wall of china enough that i can get out
5mins to clean the car off..cause you know those plows aim to get as much gunk as possible as high up the windows as they can..and then it freezes on like super glue!!

and of course..just when you think you're done...and you go to get into the car to leave and go (mind you you can't feel your fingers anymore, you're nose is running, but you can't wipe it b/c you can't feel your fingers to get out a tissue, and all you want is to be warm and remember when you still knew you had toes!) guess what you hear??

the beautiful sound of a plow coming around the corner.

and of course they aim for you and your car and you now have a mini great wall of china to shovel again..another 10mins..then of course a 5min drive will take about 20mins...uggg :roll:

oooo...and if it's your lucky day..the plows will get ya 3times in a row in one day!! and you swear you can see the driver in his rearview mirror snickering at you as you just stare w/ your mouth down..oooo..the fustrations of shoveling new england snow storms.
:wink:

my poor rims are going to be nasty by the end of the winter..i have visions of sliding into the curb every time i park :( ohhh..or someone fishtailing on the street and slamin into my parked car
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:45 pm

lol. that's why I love Dallas. The entire city shuts down at the possibility of snow. Last year I remember the news reported light snow (50% chance) and the VP sent everyone home! lol! That was cool!

It didn't snow that day...
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NaptownSolara » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:00 am

Missay, I'd tell your sister to get off her fat butt, get a job and move out if I were you, then you have the garage to yourself!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

:D
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:22 am

NaptownSolara wrote:Missay, I'd tell your sister to get off her fat butt, get a job and move out if I were you, then you have the garage to yourself!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

:D

lol..she did that once for 6months but then came back :( and of course i got the car shortly there after which means if i had gotten it just a couple of months sooner then i would have gotten the spot!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ultramookie » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:48 pm

Oooh...I guess even the system admin can learn some stuff too! :D I just read the FAQ and found out that Usergroups can have private forums all for themselves :D

So, I think that would be awesome for each regional group!

Anyhoo, everyone want to start listing regions they'd like to have regional usergroups for?
ultramookie
the guy pulling all the levers
the guy pulling all the levers

Postby droomyster » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:51 pm

mid-atlantic rephruzent :D
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby c2g » Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:55 pm

How bout Northeast we will need to call each other when we get stuck in the snow soon
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5