[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP ME OUT!!!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

HELP ME OUT!!!

HELP ME OUT!!!

Postby NewGuy » Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:15 pm

Today in my 2001 ES300 I accidently floored my car while in park mode. I wanted to step on the brake and shift out of parking but hit the accelerator pedal accidently, the rpm shot up to 6 or mebe it went to 8 but came back down, I didn't know i pressed the wrong pedal until i looked at the intrument because it was so quiet inside and with the music i couldn't hear any engine sound... DAMNNNN DID I KILL THE CAR??? Please tell me if what I did would do no harm to the engine...
Tell me what to do... Thanks in advance!
NewGuy

Postby ultramookie » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:00 am

Can you still drive around in your car? If "Yes", then your car is fine.
ultramookie
the guy pulling all the levers
the guy pulling all the levers

Re: HELP ME OUT!!!

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:50 am

NewGuy wrote:Today in my 2001 ES300 I accidently floored my car while in park mode. I wanted to step on the brake and shift out of parking but hit the accelerator pedal accidently, the rpm shot up to 6 or mebe it went to 8 but came back down, I didn't know i pressed the wrong pedal until i looked at the intrument because it was so quiet inside and with the music i couldn't hear any engine sound... DAMNNNN DID I KILL THE CAR??? Please tell me if what I did would do no harm to the engine...
Tell me what to do... Thanks in advance!

It is impossible for you to go past 6k RPM because of the rev limiter. If you were to hold the pedal down to the floor, it would just bounce off the rev limiter the whole time. You did not kill the car, nor did you do any damage. Now if you were to do that on a constant basis, yes there would be a problem in the long run.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby onefiend » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:10 am

I actually did the same thing to my car awhile back, I thought I might have did some damage but its been driving fine. But like Flipside said dont do it too many times or you might have problems in the long run.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:21 pm

glad to hear that :wink: thanks guys i just dont want to damage my car

Postby Jay » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:17 pm

:-?

Left brake.. right gas...
Jay
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:39 pm

Jay wrote::-?

Left brake.. right gas...

hahah..that was the first thing i did when i test drove the solara i bought...lol..i kinda, sorta, accidently floored it in park..heheh..i played it off..told the salesguy i just wanted to "feel the power" (i swear..i wasn't trying to put my foot on the brake to take it outta park!) :angel:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby NewGuy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:56 pm

:)
NewGuy

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:28 pm

Flipside, I know that on Stick's there are rev limiters, now on my auto Solara is there a rev limiter, if so what is it because my redline is right around 6200
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby NASTY » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:18 pm

and thats where your limiter is too (if ure shiftin manually, otherwise if its in D it shifts around 5800)
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5