[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara emblem in different place
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Solara emblem in different place

Solara emblem in different place

Postby soniasolara » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:58 pm

I was driving on I-95 the other day and came upon a Solara (had to be a 99-01 series based on the taillights) that had the "Solara" trunk emblem in the lower driver's side corner, i.e. the lower left corner of the trunk lid.

Does anyone know what model or year this makes it? Is it a 99?

-Teddy
(I figure I should leave my name---"sonia" is my Solara's nickname :P )
soniasolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jay » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:05 pm

No.. that's a custom job. It's not that hard to relocate the emblem. All you need is a hair dryer.
-19" Konig Tantrum rims.. Sitting in the garage waiting for tires..
-TRD springs.. Sitting in the garage waiting for struts..
-Conrero aluminium foot pedals.. Sitting in the garage due to my laziness.
Jay
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:05 pm

if it's factory then it's usually under where the spoiler is (or would be if there isn't one) on the left side on the trunk.

they probably moved it there on their own i'm guessing.....??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:08 pm

I saw a solara where the guy took off all the emblems. I don't know, the solara emblem might be able to go but it seems incomplete without the Toyota trademark.

I had actually considered removing it, but after seeing it, I didn't like it.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:42 pm

"just trying to be different like everyone else"

one of my favorite quotes. i thought about relocating badges but i think i may just remove most of them when i get my trd stuff installed and put on the trd badges.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

solara badge

Postby newtoy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:45 am

I removed the 3 chrome badges on the trunklid and placed a black pearl SOLARA lower left to kinda balance the keyhole upper right. Just a different look. Is it just my area or do most Toyotas (including Solaras) come with the gold emblem kit??
newtoy

Postby CTRamsden » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:51 am

Must just be your area. Most here come with the silver, which I much prefer over the gold. The gold to me looks cheap.
CTRamsden
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: solara badge

Postby Fairlite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:15 am

newtoy wrote:I removed the 3 chrome badges on the trunklid and placed a black pearl SOLARA lower left to kinda balance the keyhole upper right. Just a different look. Is it just my area or do most Toyotas (including Solaras) come with the gold emblem kit??

Where did you get the black pear badge?
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby c2g » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:31 pm

i like it with just the solara left on
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:13 pm

You can do a search for black pearl emblem and solara on yahoo and find it. I found some for sale but they were WAAAY too expensive for me. I prefer the silver too! My friend spent $100 on her Honda gold emblem and I thought she was nuts.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5