[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Black Pearl Solara Badges
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Black Pearl Solara Badges

Black Pearl Solara Badges

Postby Fairlite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:17 am

Hi all,

I have been reading how some people have Black Pearl Solara badges etc. i was wondering if they are available for a SLE V6? If so can someone PLEASE tell me where I can get these. I think they would look great on my Solara. Any help would be appreciated.
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby onefiend » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:01 am

I prefer the sight of a clean sleek car with no badges. But I have seen the black pearl badges on several Solara's and Camry's. IMO they only look good on black cars.

But to answer your question I'm sure you can order them through your Toyota dealer that would be your best bet in getting a hand on them.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Black Pearl Solara Badges

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:04 am

fairlite wrote:Hi all,

I have been reading how some people have Black Pearl Solara badges etc. i was wondering if they are available for a SLE V6? If so can someone PLEASE tell me where I can get these. I think they would look great on my Solara. Any help would be appreciated.

The Black Pearl Solara badges are only available for the SE V6 since the introduction of 2002. This is part of a Sport Appearance Package for the SE model only. You can order the black pearl emblems seperately through your local parts counter. If you want an SLE V6 black pearl, you will need to find an aftermarket source for it.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Black Pearl Solara Badges

Postby Fairlite » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:29 pm

Flipside909 wrote:
fairlite wrote:Hi all,

The Black Pearl Solara badges are only available for the SE V6 since the introduction of 2002. This is part of a Sport Appearance Package for the SE model only. You can order the black pearl emblems seperately through your local parts counter. If you want an SLE V6 black pearl, you will need to find an aftermarket source for it.

Damn,

I have no idea where to look for after market, oh well :(
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:13 pm

ebay my friend,

ebay. :)
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Black Pearl Badges

Postby ToyGuy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:38 pm

Over at camryman I listed some part numbers for a couple of Black Pearl badges. seems most toyota parts counter guys can't find them. I think they look good on my 02 silver SE..just need to find a black chrome license plate frame.
ToyGuy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:23 pm

isn't there some kind of paint u can jus spray them wit??? i also want to do this but i don't want to buy new badges.
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:41 pm

20SoLaRa02 wrote:isn't there some kind of paint u can jus spray them wit??? i also want to do this but i don't want to buy new badges.

wow, there is an idea... you can go to your local hardware store and buy some high gloss paint and use that. if ya get the right color, should look pimp.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:15 pm

and don't forget to paper sand the badge/s, wash and dry it, apply a couple of layers of primer, let it dry, spray the black glossy paint a few times, making sure it doesn't drip, and finally locking the whole process by spraying clear lacquer a feww times. By the way, make sure ur surroundings is about 70 degrees and up for best paint results.

Postby Jaimster » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:33 pm

It's funny that you guys would want the new 2002 style badges when I'm taking them off of :lol: my car.
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:35 pm

Solara1 wrote:It's funny that you guys would want the new 2002 style badges when I'm taking them off of :lol: my car.

the badges are different on the 02 model??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Jaimster » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:54 pm

Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Fairlite » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:40 pm

Solara1 wrote:It's funny that you guys would want the new 2002 style badges when I'm taking them off of :lol: my car.

How much you want for them????
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jaimster » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:45 pm

fairlite wrote:

How much you want for them????

I'm taking them off, but I'll keep them cuz I might wanna put them back one day, maybe when I sell the car....if I ever ever do. :wink:
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby _eyedea » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:25 pm

was at the dealership (northridge toyota) to inquire abt the badges. FOr one that says "solara" and the "se v6" would cost you roughly abt 215 bucks. For that amt of money, you can .....(insert comment here)........
_eyedea

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5