[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - products from Japan
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

products from Japan

products from Japan

Postby newnewnew » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:58 am

Hey, I just got my Solara V6 03. Since I'm Japanese,
I'm thinking about ordering some parts from Japan.
I'm looking for used and new, and it's going to be cheaper
to bring it back since the Yen is weak now.

What I don't understand is this: Solara is not sold in Japan,
so I wouldn't know which TRD or any other parts are compatible
with my car. Does anyone know?
newnewnew

Postby onefiend » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:07 am

you can order a catalog from TRD USA http://www.trdusa.com

not sure if TRD parts for a Solara can be obtained straight from Japan. I always thought all the Solara TRD products were manufactured here in the states since the car is produced in Canada but I could be wrong.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby droomyster » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:41 am

there is a japanese trd site. from what i saw, you may not find the parts that you want.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:02 am

onefiend wrote:
not sure if TRD parts for a Solara can be obtained straight from Japan. I always thought all the Solara TRD products were manufactured here in the states since the car is produced in Canada but I could be wrong.

TRD Solara products are domestically made, that is correct. For TRD Japan parts, the only few parts that would apply are simple cosmetic items like:

TRD short shifter KNOB
TRD oil filler cap

Anything printed with the TRD Chevron Logo & Toyota Motor Sports are TRD Japan. All the other TRD items for the solara are strictly TRD USA. There are NO specific TRD Japan parts for the Solara ever made.

The reason why the Solara isn't sold in Japan is because the Solara was mainly designed for the North American market only i.e. USA & Canada. The car is only produced in Cambridge,Ontario Canada and was designed and engineered here at CALTY here in Southern California. Next generation Solara will start being made at the TMMK Georgetown, KY plant.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Wow

Postby newnewnew » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:08 am

Wow... lots of replies! Thanks for the information.
I know neither about cars/afterparts... BUT!!!!!!
I hope I'll pick up with my new Solara and with all you
great gurus!

Thanks!
newnewnew

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:31 pm

[quote="Flipside909The reason why the Solara isn't sold in Japan is because the Solara was mainly designed for the North American market only i.e. USA & Canada. The car is only produced in Cambridge,Ontario Canada and was designed and engineered here at CALTY here in Southern California. Next generation Solara will start being made at the TMMK Georgetown, KY plant.[/quote]

Rumour has it the '04 will be bigger and badder? What do you think? Actually it has to have more power. The 03 Accord makes the solara look bad (as far as performance). They have to meet or beat the accord since it is the camry/solara's #1 competition.

products from Japan

Postby Whatever » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:58 pm

Damn that TRD site is really cool.... :D
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:Rumour has it the '04 will be bigger and badder? What do you think? Actually it has to have more power. The 03 Accord makes the solara look bad (as far as performance). They have to meet or beat the accord since it is the camry/solara's #1 competition.

Well Toyota will release the 04 Solara sometime in the latter part of 2003. Toyota has been tight lipped on their newest products to surprise the competition. I'm sure Toyota will make a formidable contender to the new 03 Accord. We'll just have to wait and be patient.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5