[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question about interior temperature
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Question about interior temperature

Question about interior temperature

Postby nkx1 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:46 pm

Ok, I know I asked this a while back, but Ididn't get very many responses, so I'm hopng to get a little more feedback this time.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that there seems to be a noticable amount of heat coming from the front floor area of the car. As far as I can tell, the heat is coming through the floor and also from behind the center console near the floor. I noticed that there are two metal tubes running on the drivers side of the center console near the gas pedal that get hot while driving. But it seems like some heat is also coming through the floor.

Keep in mind that the heat isn't unbearable or anything, but it is noticable; especially at night for some reason, when the air outside is cool, but there is some heat inside the car. Oh, and no I don't have my heater on or anything mentally challenged (i.e. retarded) like that. :fadein:
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:11 pm

I haven't noticed that at all either.. but you can turn the air to vent from the floor near you feet. My last car didn't have this, and I like this a LOT when I'm wearing sandal! :)
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:17 pm

speaking of vents...w/ the climate control..does anyone notice a small amount of air output when the climate control is off?? like let's say you had the it set to 60degrees or COLD..then you turn it off. does it still let of a little air at the cold temp??
i've noticed that i'll have the heat on like 85degrees and then i'll turn it off that there is still some hot air coming out. i try to keep the temp at like 70ish and then turn it off just in case. am i just imagining this??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:44 pm

Missay wrote:speaking of vents...w/ the climate control..does anyone notice a small amount of air output when the climate control is off?? like let's say you had the it set to 60degrees or COLD..then you turn it off. does it still let of a little air at the cold temp??
i've noticed that i'll have the heat on like 85degrees and then i'll turn it off that there is still some hot air coming out. i try to keep the temp at like 70ish and then turn it off just in case. am i just imagining this??

That happens when you have your FRESH air vent open. Switch it back to RECIRCULATE and you wont feel it.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Question about interior temperature

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:45 pm

nkx1 wrote:Ok, I know I asked this a while back, but Ididn't get very many responses, so I'm hopng to get a little more feedback this time.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that there seems to be a noticable amount of heat coming from the front floor area of the car. As far as I can tell, the heat is coming through the floor and also from behind the center console near the floor. I noticed that there are two metal tubes running on the drivers side of the center console near the gas pedal that get hot while driving. But it seems like some heat is also coming through the floor.

Keep in mind that the heat isn't unbearable or anything, but it is noticable; especially at night for some reason, when the air outside is cool, but there is some heat inside the car. Oh, and no I don't have my heater on or anything mentally challenged (i.e. retarded) like that. :fadein:

The heat you feel coming from the floor is from your super heated exhaust piping and catalytic converter.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:47 pm

Flipside909 wrote:That happens when you have your FRESH air vent open. Switch it back to RECIRCULATE and you wont feel it.

you know that makes sense...it doesn't always do it, but i don't always have it on fresh air. thanks, flip, i'm gonna have to check that out tomorrow! :wink:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:09 pm

Yeah, I like having the fresh air vents opened. The windows down, the vents opened, and more recently, the moonroof opened. Feels great! Such little things that I appreciate about my Solara. My last car didn't do much except take me from point A to point B. I'm forever spoiled!
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nkx1 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:27 pm

Flipside909 wrote:
nkx1 wrote:Ok, I know I asked this a while back, but Ididn't get very many responses, so I'm hopng to get a little more feedback this time.

The heat you feel coming from the floor is from your super heated exhaust piping and catalytic converter.

Anything I can do to reduce the heat coming inside from the exhaust system?
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:02 am

nkx1 wrote:
Anything I can do to reduce the heat coming inside from the exhaust system?

Not really. Just drive colder climates. :D
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NaptownSolara » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:09 am

Has anyone else noticed that when the sunroof is open and the vent is turned such that the outside air comes in, the vent pushes more air into the car than if the sunroof is closed? I guess it's related to the difference in cab pressure. Whatever it is, we can now say that indirectly the sunroof does provide more airflow in the car!
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby droomyster » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:21 am

NaptownSolara wrote:Has anyone else noticed that when the sunroof is open and the vent is turned such that the outside air comes in, the vent pushes more air into the car than if the sunroof is closed? I guess it's related to the difference in cab pressure. Whatever it is, we can now say that indirectly the sunroof does provide more airflow in the car!

hehe.. it is standard airflow. the air flowing over the moonroof creates a vacuum and the only other place the interior can get air is thru the vents. :D it makes sense to me
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nkx1 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:07 am

Flipside, you seem like a relatively astute individual; have you noticed any of this heat coming through the floor inside the car?
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:09 pm

nkx1 wrote:Flipside, you seem like a relatively astute individual; have you noticed any of this heat coming through the floor inside the car?

Yes I do actually and the same goes with the Avalon I used to drive. It's heat that's radiated into the cabin. You really can't do much about it unless you route the exhaust piping 2" away from the floor of the car (which is highly not feasible).
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby nkx1 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:31 pm

OK, thats cool that at least you have noticed a similar thing as me. That way I know there's not something wacky wrong with my car. I still think it's a little odd though, because I never had this happen in either of my integras or when driving in my friend's cars.
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5