[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara changes, now and upcoming...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Solara changes, now and upcoming...

Solara changes, now and upcoming...

Postby soniasolara » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:47 pm

I was looking around the Toyota Motors website and came across 2 things:

1) The manual transmission SE V6 has disappeared for 2003! :( What happened? Not enough sales? This version was one of the few 6-cylinder stick coupes left on the road, besides the Honda Accord coupe, BMW 3-series and M3, the Mustang, and offerings from higher-ups.

2) Toyota will start manufacturing what should be the 2nd generation Solara in the fall of 2003 in Kentucky. I don't know if this means overall production will increase, or if production will shift from Ontario to Kentucky. Anyone know what's in the pipeline for the next Solara?

I say bring back the 6-cylinder stick!
2001 SE, 5S-FE auto, 1C4
K&N stock replacement air filter
Kumho ECSTA HP4 716
soniasolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:08 pm

Either way, YAY more American jobs. :)

I bet they're stepping up production. The main reason no one knows what a Solara is and don't have one is that it's only been around since 1999. Happy owners like us are making it more popular. I know i tell everyone about my car and show it off and they're all jealous :)
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:11 pm

i wonder if we just think that we're seeing more on the road merely b/c we can spot a solara from like 20miles away..or b/c there are just more on the road? i swear since the 3yr/36mi bumper to bumper has expired on the 99s i've seen more and more 99s at dealers and on the road. think there's any truth in that?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

solara production

Postby bodog » Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:46 pm

They are moving total production for the Solara to Georgetown,Ky next year .I have worked there since the opening of the plant
bodog

Re: solara production

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:24 pm

bodog wrote:They are moving total production for the Solara to Georgetown,Ky next year .I have worked there since the opening of the plant

What do you do there bodog?
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:26 pm

can u snatch a solara off the assembly line? :D
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:32 pm

Blaze wrote:can u snatch a solara off the assembly line? :D

wow..wouldn't that be nice!!

"what ..the inventory says we should have 17 cars?? nooo...you're reading it all wrong..it says 16..hummm..maybe we counted wrong!"
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:35 pm

I think it would be cool enough if you could get a discount, not to mention to tell your friends to give that EXTRA SPECIAL touch to yours :)
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5