[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - question
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

question

question

Postby guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:25 am

hi i have a 99 sle solara w/ trd but no s/c. it does however have the trd muffler and makes like the racing noise when driving the car. how do i go about getting rid of this noise? i have already switch the trd muffler with a normal one and it was still making that noise. it did make it lower but has not rid of the sound. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Postby onefiend » Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:36 am

why dont you like that noise? its not even loud with a TRD muffler. Its not like you have a cat-back exhaust system which will make the noise much much louder.
I think the noise you hear now after replacing the TRD muffler is normal, mufflers are not 100% quiet.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:10 pm

onefiend wrote:Its not like you have a cat-back exhaust system which will make the noise much much louder.

That's the biggest bunch of BS i've ever heard. My Greddy Evo is quieter than that expensive TRD/Borla drone exhaust.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:17 pm

ya the apexi world sport i have is really quiet, can barely hear it but it sounds cool
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby onefiend » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:52 pm

Do you have a cat-back Flipside or just the muffler?
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:00 pm

My unmodded Solara is very quiet.

Guest (whoever you are and if you are coming back) would you be willing to sell the muffler?
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5