[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - what is this front bumper?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

what is this front bumper?

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:52 pm

ultramookie wrote:How do they get their cars so shiny?? :D

It's just a good coat of wax under all that indoor Tungsten lighting. All dark colored cars have that sheen in that lighting. It's also a good magnifier for swirl marks if your paint is abused.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: what is this front bumper?

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:56 pm

*Charinee* wrote:Anyone know who made this front end piece and what is it? The side skirts looks like the Octane or is it the Black Widow. But...the front bumper, i can't really tell :-?

Charinee, the bumper was custom made. I've talked to the owner before at Crusin Brea (one of the first shows he's ever entered). I think it was VIS who worked on it but anyways...the owner wanted to retain alot of the stock front bumper..and added a few pieces from a BW front. He also added the carbon fiber splitter/air dam to it. All the body work was molded in. The headlights were modified. The cover reflector was removed (piece in front of the headlight bulb) and the taillights were custom sprayed with smoke. The car is an automatic SLE V6.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby *Charinee* » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:29 pm

Thanks for the info Ryan! You seems to be knowledgeable in everything! Is there anything that you don't know??? =p
R.I.P- 8/18/2004 My Dearly Beloved Tangerine Solara :cry:
*Charinee*
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:05 am

*Charinee* wrote:Thanks for the info Ryan! You seems to be knowledgeable in everything! Is there anything that you don't know??? =p

yeah, i don't know O-Chem. :D
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NaptownSolara » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:10 am

Orgo rocks!

Flipside909 wrote:
*Charinee* wrote:Thanks for the info Ryan! You seems to be knowledgeable in everything! Is there anything that you don't know??? =p

yeah, i don't know O-Chem. :D
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

the wait before the wax

Postby mosch » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:05 pm

Missay wrote:
Blaze wrote:not just lightin, a really good waxjob, one my solara needs

i think i've already asked this, but i forget the answer.

how long do i have to go before i can wax the door that was repainted by the body shop? the hood was completely replaced..is it ok to wax that right away?? it's been fixed now since about the 3rd week of august.

I believe you have to wait a month to put wax on it after you get it sprayed.
01 Solara SE V6
mosch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Missay » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:07 pm

alright! i'm dying to wax the car..i think the last time i waxed it was like june..(hehe..did i just admit that?? me..miss clean car freak??)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

what is this front bumper?

Postby Adam2562 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:51 pm

dude, can someone please tell me the brand of Rims that are on that Green Solara, i want them badly.... :D
Adam2562

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:01 pm

ya those rims are hella hot :) i wanna do this to my rims http://www.pbase.com/image/3771652
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:20 pm

damn..is there anyway to fix little scuffs on the alloy rims?? i scuffed a little bitsy piece of my brand new passenger side rim parking today when i got home from work at 1130 at night. it's so dark on the street!! i couldn't see the damage, but i just felt the rim and it felt like it was just a little 1in scuff..but i'll see in the morning. what a bummer...my new $350 rim too!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:18 am

Missay wrote:damn..is there anyway to fix little scuffs on the alloy rims?? i scuffed a little bitsy piece of my brand new passenger side rim parking today when i got home from work at 1130 at night. it's so dark on the street!! i couldn't see the damage, but i just felt the rim and it felt like it was just a little 1in scuff..but i'll see in the morning. what a bummer...my new $350 rim too!

A good quality wheel shop can resurface/repair rims to remove blemishes and curb rash. The Wheel Supply offers that service.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5