[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Car
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

New Car

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:47 pm

heh
Imagination is the hood ornament on the car of creativity.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NaptownSolara » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:01 pm

ericatdallas wrote:
Jess689 wrote:
Missay wrote:
lol..well i'm a girl, but i don't think that i can be in the "we" b/c i really don't like the new model!! everyone's heard my blah blah input about why and i've already defended myself, so i'm hoping no one's gonna get down my back!

i just love the original smooth lines and oversized fogs..much prettier than the new v front and weird shaped lights. it's still BEAUTIFUL, no question there!!

chick or guy car?? ahhh..i'd just say one good looking car!!

You're right...as long as YOU like you're car, who cares if its "girly"!

grrrr when I say it no one listens but when Missay says it, it's "Yeah, you're right!" <sigh>

haha that's the advantage of being one of like 3 women on a forum with many men. When you talk, they alllllll listen :)
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jess689 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:05 pm

ericatdallas wrote:
grrrr when I say it no one listens but when Missay says it, it's "Yeah, you're right!" <sigh>

AWWWW! I'm sorry, you are right too!

(feel better now?) :wink:
Jess689
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Missay » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:12 pm

oh, poor baby..it's ok..hehe..just b/c we don't reply doesn't mean we don't listen!! (or read..whatever :P )
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby FLIPAFLOW » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:41 pm

WELL WHAT COLOR IS IT??
FLIPAFLOW

Postby krook » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:45 pm

(rocking back and forth) it. . .is. . .NOT. . .a . .chick's. . .car. . .
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:46 pm

just out of curiousity (did i spell that right??)..how bad is the white to keep clean? my black car is driving me insane!!! :crazyeyes:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:50 pm

ummmm with soap and water. oh wait you folks dont pronounce your R's up there, ..........and wateea, is that right, or am i wickly off? :)
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:44 pm

i used to have a white car before, and it has its ups and downs. cleaning is not so bad, but when you get nicks from rocks you kick up on the road it is very noticable.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ericatdallas » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:17 pm

Missay wrote:just out of curiousity (did i spell that right??)..how bad is the white to keep clean? my black car is driving me insane!!! :crazyeyes:

Curiosity, drop the 'u'

Keeping the appearance of clean is a lot easier than on a black car but it gets just as dirty as any other color :)

Gunman Installer wrote:ummmm with soap and water. oh wait you folks dont pronounce your R's up there, ..........and wateea, is that right, or am i wickly off?

it's more like Watah

When he pawk tha cah in tha pawking lot he wan ovah tha watah.

That reminds me of the trauma in middle school. Kids made fun of me because during attendance I would say "HERE" but they would say "he-ah" and it used to annoy the hell out of me. I had to call my old friends in Texas to get a sanity check.

Then I said it like them and they looked at me blankly and laughed still. I asked a friend, "what? That's how you pronounce it!" And he said, "Yeah, but it's funny hearing it from you." <sigh> Oddly enough, despite that I have pleasant thoughts of my time in Massachusetts.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby c2g » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:07 am

we dont talk that bad
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:03 pm

c2g wrote:we dont talk that bad

you don't think you do :)

It does vary from person to person, but yeah, most of you have varying degrees of difficulty with the 'r' sound. I had a friend who was really as bad as the above.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:19 pm

considering i spent 5 years in provivdence, yeah you guys talk that bad. 8)
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:41 pm

yeah, you'd say it like wah-tah, but not w/ a heavy nasally sound like new york. just say water..but instead of making and errrr sound at the end make a natural aaaahhh sound...wataaah like when you say i'm gonna go, intead of i'm going to go..it's very subtle, unlike new york accent, but it's still there!

it's true that bostonians don't think they have bad accents, and i don't think i do, but i know i that's not true. usually if a bostonian is somewhere else, if the accent isn't real heavy, some people don't really notice, or they just can't figure out what accent it is. i've noticed in work that if someone is from boston or they're familiar w/ the accent they pick it up right away! i always have people say "hey, you guys are in boston aren't you!! it sounds so good to hear a boston accent! it's like being home again!" I've have had a lot of people comment in school that i have a heavy boston accent and a lot of customers say i have one...geesh..and that's me trying to control it..what would happen if i just talked regulah?? lol
(and i'm not even from boston, but a suburb!)

in work, i try to keep my ahh's to a minimum since a lot of customers..especially southerners!!!..find it very difficult to understand, bad enough that we have the accent, but we talk super fast! how cruel is it that a roadside call center was placed in boston?? "excuse me sir, but does yaw cah have a sp-air tie-ya?"
lol..does your car have a spare tire. haha..i feel so weird (weahed..humm.it's hard to spell in bostonian!! i can hardly spell english!! curiosity!! thanks!!) trying to say the errrrr's.

and the show on tv isn't ER, it's E AH!!

i think the hardest word to say w/ out a bostonian accent is HERE! really though!! saying here to a bostonian is the equivalent to someon trying to pronounce the rolling rr in spanish when they can't do it. haha..it's like hhheeerrrreee...
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Whatever » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:24 am

NaptownSolara wrote:
ericatdallas wrote:
Jess689 wrote:
Missay wrote:
lol..well i'm a girl, but i don't think that i can be in the "we" b/c i really don't like the new model!! everyone's heard my blah blah input about why and i've already defended myself, so i'm hoping no one's gonna get down my back!

i just love the original smooth lines and oversized fogs..much prettier than the new v front and weird shaped lights. it's still BEAUTIFUL, no question there!!

chick or guy car?? ahhh..i'd just say one good looking car!!

You're right...as long as YOU like you're car, who cares if its "girly"!

haha that's the advantage of being one of like 3 women on a forum with many men. When you talk, they alllllll listen :)

lol...hahahhahahhahahahhaha............. :lol:
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5