[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Car
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

New Car

New Car

Postby Whatever » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:59 pm

I got my new 2002 Solara SLE V6 about a month ago, but some of my friends say thats a girls car, man i hate it when they say that.
Can anybody tell me is it really for GIRLs??

:agrue: :( :x :cry: :evil: :-?
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: New Car

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:02 pm

Hey wrote:I got my new 2002 Solara SLE V6 about a month ago, but some of my friends say thats a girls car, man i hate it when they say that.

No, it's not really a girl's car. A lot of the people here are guys and we definitely outnumber the girls.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ultramookie » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:10 pm

Hey wrote:I got my new 2002 Solara SLE V6 about a month ago, but some of my friends say thats a girls car, man i hate it when they say that.

It's an equal opportunity car! We got SolaraGuys and SolaraGurrls here! :D Tell your friends to go scurry off and drive their Volkswagon Cabriolets! :D
ultramookie
the guy pulling all the levers

Postby ultramookie » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:10 pm

Btw, welcome to the SolaraGuy family! Hope you're enjoying your new car. :D
ultramookie

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:15 pm

Yeah welcome, make sure to come back often. This place is really starting to pick up in the past few weeks. I think it's me! ;)
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ultramookie » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:21 pm

ericatdallas wrote:Yeah welcome, make sure to come back often. This place is really starting to pick up in the past few weeks. I think it's me! ;)

I think so too :D
ultramookie

Postby SKYravefever » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:34 pm

It's not a girls car. The VW Cabrio and the new RAV4 are girl cars. Don't worry, they won't say that because they won't be able to see you when you dust 'em.
SKYravefever
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

New Car

Postby Whatever » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:47 pm

Thanks guys. Damn you guys are really fast at reply....i only post it for like 1 hour, and there is already lots replys.........

Hehehe feel better about my new car... gonna go wash my car tomorrow :D
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NaptownSolara » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:43 am

Boy are you right about the Rav4. God I hate those things. Real women get bigger SUVs like 4Runners or something. Rav4s look like little pieces of bat p00p :D (no offense to anyone here who has a rav4 also)

SKYravefever wrote:

It's not a girls car. The VW Cabrio and the new RAV4 are girl cars. Don't worry, they won't say that because they won't be able to see you when you dust 'em.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

"chick car ?"

Postby atlantasolara » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:47 am

it looks like certain car styles are attractive to either sex, and the solara seems to be one such car. my wife likes it, and my macho brother-in-law does too. a married male cousin in the army thinks my solara is a babe magnet.

i came across some sales statistics saying that the solara buyer is indeed between 40-50% female nation-wide ! imo, that's enough to earn a "chick car" label especially in areas that have majority female buyers.

personalizing your car in and out is one thing you can do. and, if you're in the market, think of the opportunities to meet girls who are attracted to your car.
atlantasolara

Postby _eyedea » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:23 am

a honda civic coupe..doesnt matter what year is a girls car..first the space within..then the styling..then everything abt it......
_eyedea

Postby ericatdallas » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:51 am

hey, for me, as long as girls like riding it, that's fine with me! :)
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:18 pm

my dad and mechanic call it a chick car, but i don't see it. my only concern w/ buying a solara is that i thought it looked to much like a guy car.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

girl's car

Postby ToyGuy » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:45 pm

Sad to say around here most Solaras are driven by older women.(as in white-hairs) .probably to the country club..and they ALL have the gold kit. Lower it a bit and get some 17s and it looks completely different...mean even.
ToyGuy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gunman » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:00 pm

A chic car? When you think of a chick car i always think of the eclispe or the celica. Never thought of it as a ''chic'' car thought. Every where I go, people usually tell me what a nice car it is. Or people just stare at it while im driving. they dont stare as hard with the 5%tint, it freaks em out a bit. not a chic car in any means.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5