[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What is suspension bushings?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What is suspension bushings?

What is suspension bushings?

Postby impactX » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:49 am

What do they do? Do I need them if I am replacing my stock struts with TRD struts? I drive a 2000 Solara
impactX

Postby onefiend » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:38 am

from my understanding bushings are those hard rubbery things that hold the suspension joints together. I'm not sure how often your suppose to change them (I think every 60,000 miles or whenever needed)
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

bushings

Postby atlantasolara » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:23 am

in addition, bushings influence ride and handling. aftermarkets are mostly the hardened type, going from hard rubber to plastic compounds with very little "give," further reducing "body roll" during hard cornering but making the ride harsher.

my guess is that the aftermarkets will make daily driving borderline tolerable. you'll probably be happy with just stiffer shocks and thicker swaybars to improve handling.

when to change these ? 1) "clunking" or rattling noise when going over bad surfaces, combined with 2) when alignment shop can't properly set alignment because the wheels move around loosely due to the worn-out bushings.

as an indicator, the actual bushing condition (alignment shop can test this without removing any part) is more reliable as compared with # of miles because if you drive mostly on smooth roads, bushings can go a really long way. unless you're at, say the 100k mark and you're needing to repair another suspension part and you'll save on labor cost having everything done at the same time.
atlantasolara

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5