[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Keeping the rain out
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Keeping the rain out

Keeping the rain out

Postby TannedForehead » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:08 pm

Picked up my 2003 silver SLE V6 convertible in late August. The car is great! No regrets. Perfect time of year for this car!

First week I had it parked in the driveway and had torrential rains for several days straight. Noticed very slight trickles of water coming down on the interior plastic side frame for the roof. Cause is not a gap in the roof, but apparently the stitched seams which run on either side of the roof, about six inches in from the window.

Needless to say, I've cleared out half the garage and given the car a proper home.

Anyone have similar issues? Was Toyota able to address? I'm a bit hesitant to let the mechanics have a crack at it as I have no idea how they would fix this one.
TannedForehead

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:52 pm

I don't have the convertible but i was looking through the owners manual and they said that if you do have a convertible to be cafefull not to spray water where the window meets the roofline because the top does not make as good of a seal as it would with a hardtop
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5