[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What does Frontsway bar do??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

What does Frontsway bar do??

What does Frontsway bar do??

Postby impactX » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:44 pm

I know that the rear swaybar can neturalize understeering and reduce body roll, however, what does the front swaybar do? does it neturalize understeering? or produce understeering?
impactX

Re: What does Frontsway bar do??

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:28 am

impactX wrote:I know that the rear swaybar can neturalize understeering and reduce body roll, however, what does the front swaybar do? does it neturalize understeering? or produce understeering?

With a FSB, you get a little understeer and in some occassions, oversteer. Most people don't know how to control the new dynamics of a car with their FSB and RSB combo. Unless you plan to do alot auto crossing or something, I wouldn't recommend the FSB for a regular daily driver. It also harshens up your ride and puts more vibration into your steering.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby cdssolara » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:02 pm

I agree with Flipside regarding the understeer and potential for oversteer. Controlling the car with stiffer front and rear bars may require using the throttle to induce oversteer now. The stiffer front bar does make the ride a bit harsher, but it's not all that noticeable if you have already upgraded your suspension with lowering springs and complementing struts.

I disagree about the steering, though. I find that the steering is tighter and much more responsive, with no added vibration. I think it makes a big improvement to the steering, which is a bit numb in stock mode.

Overall, the addition of stiffer front and rear bars has made the car feel very stable. There is now almost no body lean, at all. On big sweeping curves, the car now hugs the road like a sports car. I will be very careful about pushing the car too hard on quick turns and S curves until I get a complete feel for what it will do with it's new handling dynamics, however.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5