[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - is solara a luxury car ???
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

is solara a luxury car ???

luxury
70%
not luxury
30%

Total votes : 63

is solara a luxury car ???

Re: is solara a luxury car ???

Postby 1gSE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 am

EkiMucH wrote:When I took my car to the body shop for repairs the owner immediately wrote down Lexus for the make of the vehicle. I didn't correct him till we got back into the office when he was checking on the quote. Other people have thought the same as well and one kid was trying to make fun of me by saying is that your parents car lol, but nope it's all from my own money kiddo.

A few years ago I was working on my car and this guy asked me "is that the one with the supra engine in it?" :think:
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby EkiMucH » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:49 am

lol thats great^
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SubjectAlpha » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:07 pm

I wouldn't call it a luxury car. It's a sporty version of the Camry and that's not luxury either. That said, it is a very good looking car with the same fit, finish and quality found in many luxury cars. So one could be forgiven for thinking that it is.
SubjectAlpha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 99trollaraSLE » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Definitely an entry level luxury sports coupe. I owned a 1994 lincoln mark vii, which was a luxury sports coupe. Virtually all the features of that car are present in the 1999 solara sle except air ride suspension, 7 disc cd changer (yeah, i don't know what a cd is either), V8 engine, traction control and a couple of small touches like the display would tell me how many miles i have left b/f empty, but that's a pretty weak feature as its never correct lol (damn i loved that car).
You get what you pay for is a phrase for those intellectually incapable of securing a great bargain
99trollaraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 99Velocity » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:26 am

Sport on the outside and under the hood, luxury on the inside
99Velocity
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5