[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - brake problem fixed
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

brake problem fixed

brake problem fixed

Postby gom01 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:51 pm

hey guys, I went to the dealer today and told them to check my breaks... guess what happened? it wasn't brake dust... They put the wrong break pad in my solara... I was so mad... I'm going to call their manager tomorrow and tell him wassup... thanks for all your guys help... by the way, do any of you guys notice noise coming from your passengers seat while driving at high speeds, like on highway or something? My passengers seat makes clicking noise, I dont know what to do.. thanks again for all your help...
gom01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krook » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:36 pm

HELL YES! dayam, i thought i was the only one!?! i found out what it was: if the pass. seat is moved up (using the side handle to shove yer passengers to the back) and then put back, you'll hear a click. but there's some crap underneath that makes that noise. remedy: simply move your seat a notch up. don't slide it all the way back, or you'll get that lovely noise while you're driving.

as for the wrong brake padImage
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ericatdallas » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:47 pm

I forogot the old thread and am too tired to go look for it but i do remember the thread, what did they tell you originally or had you not taken it in yet?

Yah, I'd be upset too. Let me know what they say. If the blow you off, send a certified letter with receipt notification to the dealer or Toyota.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ericatdallas » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:50 pm

ahh, just found the thread! It's still on the first screen...

Man, I'd be raising some @#$# hell when I get to the service manager especially since they refused you service last time and compromised your safety.

Ask for a letter of apology, that way in the future if they ever refuse warranty work you can show them that their incompetence may have caused the fault and not yours :)
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:55 pm

krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5