[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - potential starter problem??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

potential starter problem??

Postby droomyster » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:53 pm

Missay wrote:
Hey wrote:i can't even feel it when my car's engin is on, yesterday my brother ask me "why don't you start the engin?" hehehe :lol:

i don't understand it...when i test drove my car it was so quiet, i didn't even know it was on..now it seems to be so noisy. when it started sounding gross it was like exactly the 91st day after buying the car..and of course my used car warranty was for 90days..lol

i think i got the difficult solara on the lot. hahah..luv has been giving me tons of little headaches lately...but, hey, she's running no matter what!!

shouldn't your car still be covered by warranty, or was the warranty not transferable?
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:15 pm

well since the car was considered low mileage under 40k when i bought it, i had a 90day dealership warranty. so if anything what-so-ever (literally, i read the fine print..almost everything was covered) went wrong then they would have to replace, fix it, or if it was serious enough, take the car back. after that all there is is factory warranty. the car was a little over 38k, so the bumper to bumper was gone, but the powertrain is still there.

i just hate how the car decided to be difficult AFTER the 90days. lol...i could have gotten my cd player that skips every cd, unless you push the cd in w/ just the right touch, replaced and they could see why the car isn't as quiet as it used to be.

i thought it was just me, cause i do over react to everything that i notice about the car, but i shrugged the noise off b/c i thought it was just me getting used to it being so quiet that i was just "thinking" that it was noisy. it was my father who told me the car sounded sick, the mechanic said it was fine though. i don't mind the noise, but what kills me is how quiet it was when i test drove it!! i couldn't believe the car was on it was so whisper quiet!!

humm..i couldn't have beat up luv too much...hehehe..j/k!!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Whatever » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:05 am

Missay wrote:
Hey wrote:i can't even feel it when my car's engin is on, yesterday my brother ask me "why don't you start the engin?" hehehe :lol:

i don't understand it...when i test drove my car it was so quiet, i didn't even know it was on..now it seems to be so noisy. when it started sounding gross it was like exactly the 91st day after buying the car..and of course my used car warranty was for 90days..lol

i think i got the difficult solara on the lot. hahah..luv has been giving me tons of little headaches lately...but, hey, she's running no matter what!!

well you should be happy about it, mine old benz is the car that really gives me headaches. it's a 1987 E300, the engin broke down last friday and it cost me $3500 to fix it, but the problem is the car is only worth $4000. DAMN it. :x :x :x :x :x
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:47 am

Hey wrote:
well you should be happy about it, mine old benz is the car that really gives me headaches. it's a 1987 E300, the engin broke down last friday and it cost me $3500 to fix it, but the problem is the car is only worth $4000. DAMN it. :x :x :x :x :x

Hey, at least you get to drive a Benz!
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Whatever » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:12 am

Flipside909 wrote:
Hey wrote:

Hey, at least you get to drive a Benz!

nah now i like my new solara more.. 8)
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:49 am

Hey wrote:
nah now i like my new solara more.. 8)

Haha even better. ;)
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:17 pm

my batt died today :o i went to my friends house and turned the car off for a min, i couldnt start it up again after :( no1 had jumper cables, i had to wait like 3 hours for his neighbor to show up w/ cables. it sucked@!
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:24 pm

o no!! did it take the jump??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Blaze » Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:49 pm

yea i made it home and it seems to be fine now, dunno what happend to it.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:26 pm

maybe the battery is going?? i've always found that weird when people will just turn their cars off for a second and like run to the mailbox or something, then they try to start the car and it won't. it seems to happen all the time to a lot of different types of car.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:02 am

Blaze wrote:yea i made it home and it seems to be fine now, dunno what happend to it.

Sounds like your battery has a dead cell. Get it load tested for free at Autozone or etc.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Whatever » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:56 am

Blaze wrote:my batt died today :o i went to my friends house and turned the car off for a min, i couldnt start it up again after :( no1 had jumper cables, i had to wait like 3 hours for his neighbor to show up w/ cables. it sucked@!

you should've called AAA.
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:47 pm

Hey wrote:
you should've called AAA.

shhhhhh..don't say the 3 A's!!!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:41 pm

Missay wrote:shhhhhh..don't say the 3 A's!!!

Why? :-?
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:19 pm

b/c i work for a competing motorclub...heheh...we always joke about the three a's!!

the company i work for is one of those companies that no one recognizes the name or even realize that the company exist, but have A LOT of clients that people do recongize but just don't realize are done through the motorclub...like bmw, volvo, land rover, hyundai, chrysler damien, infiniti, rolls royce-bentley, nissan, honda, kia, yamaha, energizer jumpstart protection, goodsam/camping world, state farm insurance, etc, etc, etc...it goes on and on.

we answer the phone w/ the name of the client, but the tow facilities know us by the motorclub name. so the cust usually doesn't even know we do other clients.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5