[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - clear corner condensation
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

clear corner condensation

Postby krook » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:58 pm

just to let you guys know: i fixed the condensation. it's a damn good thing i kept my factory corners. for now i put 'em back on my car. i DID crack open the lens and let the air/moisture out, but i didn't damage it! :D i sealed it back with krazy glue, but am planning to use some gawking to seal it completely.

thanks for that post peter! wouldn't have tried it, if i knew the glass and reflector was inseperable
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:34 pm

i also bought my clear corners from procarparts.com and after i noticed condesation i called them up and they were no help. Condensation is a common problem on all clear corners. The easiest way to fix it is to take them out and use a clear caulk like Lexel. I actually removed the weatherstripping, caulked, and then reapplied it. So far so good
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby krook » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:43 pm

sh*t, last night after i had opened it and let the moisture out i noticed that there were some spots still left on the inside of the lens. i guess they got their when i tried to blowdry the moisture out. anyway, i tried to open the entire lens to clean it with windex, put it back together, glue it, seal it and that was that. easy right? nope.
i ended up cracking the entire lens, and worse yet, i tried to clean off the spots, just to see if they were removable. . .not possible!

do not, i repeat DO NOT use the blowdry method!

now i gotta go back on ebay and find another pair. :evilbat:
grrrr. . .
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby droomyster » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:04 pm

krooked Solara wrote:sh*t, last night after i had opened it and let the moisture out i noticed that there were some spots still left on the inside of the lens. i guess they got their when i tried to blowdry the moisture out. anyway, i tried to open the entire lens to clean it with windex, put it back together, glue it, seal it and that was that. easy right? nope.
i ended up cracking the entire lens, and worse yet, i tried to clean off the spots, just to see if they were removable. . .not possible!

do not, i repeat DO NOT use the blowdry method!

now i gotta go back on ebay and find another pair. :evilbat:
grrrr. . .

are you saying the blow dryer cause the water condensation to stick to the len? it may be because the lenses found on ebay aren't of the highest quality. i wonder if the same problem would occur if you did it to the oem headlights or corners.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:24 pm

that's exactly what i'm saying. i guess when the moisture evaporates (?) it leaves the water spot there. so yah, i'll bet the lens is NOT that great. i hope that doesn't happen with the oem corners, OR the headlights.
you ever notice that on old Toyota's the headlights are all jacked up?? all dirty on the inside?? might be b/c of poor sealing, and may be a leak somewhere. i might seal my headlights too just to be safe.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:14 pm

the reason you get water spots is because you have different elements dissolved in your water such as chlorine. The way to get rid of them without opening up the clear corner is to goto your local hardware store or supermarket and buy distilled water. Distilled water is just pure H2O which has no dissolved chemicals there once it evaporates nothing precipitates and is left behind.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5