[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ready To Buy Parts!!- Help plz
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Ready To Buy Parts!!- Help plz

Ready To Buy Parts!!- Help plz

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:31 pm

where is the best place to get a apexi ws exhaust or a jic exhaust. also where i can i pick up the k&n filter? and where can i get the short shifter? keep in mind i would like the cheapest and most reliable sources

is it true that for performance that the drop in filter is better than an intake?

N e talk about a cai being released n e time soon for a solara?
thanx

what do u think is the best intake and exhaust performance wise? (k&n, and apexi ws???)
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby happy_aggies » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:17 am

I always say try ebay or GroupBuyCenter.com
There are K&N Filter right now on Ebay for $40 which abt. right price.

Another one for TRD parts is Toyotaparts4u.com (short shifter)

I don't know abt K&N drop is better than an intake, but perhaps since it will get a cooler air than intake.

No CAI for solara yet. gotta get it custom made or make it ur self.

For JIC exhaust, try Wheel Supply (Sander) 909-468-1311

I think most cat-back and intake would perform abt. the same.
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:38 am

thanx a lot for ur post....any comment between apex and jic exhaust....besides both r cat back ....perhaps material or weight, sound, and looks?
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:31 am

20SoLaRa02 wrote:thanx a lot for ur post....any comment between apex and jic exhaust....besides both r cat back ....perhaps material or weight, sound, and looks?

The JIC Spartan Bullet Exhaust is much louder than the Apex. Weight, would go to the JIC, but quietness will go to the Apex. It's up to you to decide. The JIC exhaust is not readily available like the Apex. There are only a few JIC exhausts made for the Solara. Now that we have a 2 month backup at our west coast ports, it will take even longer for those who have already pre-ordered the exhaust. If you are willing to wait, go for the JIC. If you want to hear both exhausts, you can come to our 2nd Anniversary Meet we will be having in November. We will have a mini meet before then. Its tentatively set for Oct 20, Sunday.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:15 pm

thanx a lot... i'm good as there for the meet on the 20th but where is it at?
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Ready To Buy Parts!!- Help plz

Postby cdssolara » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:17 pm

20SoLaRa02 wrote:where is the best place to get a apexi ws exhaust or a jic exhaust. also where i can i pick up the k&n filter? and where can i get the short shifter? keep in mind i would like the cheapest and most reliable sources

is it true that for performance that the drop in filter is better than an intake?

N e talk about a cai being released n e time soon for a solara?
thanx

what do u think is the best intake and exhaust performance wise? (k&n, and apexi ws???)

The Wheel Supply can also give you a pretty good price for the Apex WS exhaust, if you can't find one on e-bay. I can't be sure about performance comparisons, but my guess would be that you would get a few more hp from the JIC. The Apex is pretty quiet (I have one), and I have to think that there are some added restrictions that give that quiet sound. It's probably a very small difference, however.

Personally, I'm not sold on the benefits of intakes. If you want a bit of additional noise, go for it. For performance, it's probably a wash. Yes, they take in more air; but because it's hotter air, it doesn't contain as much oxygen. Maybe you get a little more power at WOT, but aside from that, I think the stock airbox is at least as effective. Unless your money's burning a hole in your pocket, I'd say use it buy something else besides an intake. I can't wait to see a true CAI for our cars.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:16 am

20SoLaRa02 wrote:thanx a lot... i'm good as there for the meet on the 20th but where is it at?

It will be in the La Mirada/Whittier area. It should be posted on our Special Events forum by now from our Events Coordinator. If not, just email me.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5