[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Clunking Noise in Brakes
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Clunking Noise in Brakes

Clunking Noise in Brakes

Postby DaveD » Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:52 am

Anyone had problems with a clunking noise in their brakes? My wife's SE has been making clunking sounds and it seems to come from the front discs. It's a 2001 and they replaced the rotors and calipers about a year ago and now it's doing the same thing. I've never had trouble with my 99 SE V6, but it has 4 wheel discs. Could this be coming from the rear drums? She says she feels it in the pedal when it happens, and it's not the problem others have reported when shifting from reverse to forward. This happens when she's in drive only. Anyone know of a related TSB? Help!!
DaveD

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:44 am

There's a few other threads on this here. I have the same problem although I haven't heard or felt it in several weeks now.

I read somewhere, and I think it was yodarepair.com, but it wasn't a TSB, if you don't use Toyota parts but equivalent parts it could cause the noise problem. I think, or something like that. Don't remember, but you can get the TSBs from Autozone...
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5