[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Is this battery okay?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Is this battery okay?

Is this battery okay?

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:17 pm

Something wrong with the top of the battery? Its slightly leaking acid. I know the terminals do it, but this is the first time I've seen it come from there.

It's not too bad, I've been monitoring it over a couple of weeks and the battery is still good. Just wondering if I should be concerned.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:21 pm

doesnt look bad in the pic, and lord know ive seen some really bad ones. as long as she's holding her charge you should be ok, in the long run, you may come to the point where it finally gives in
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:16 pm

looks fine to me, exactly like mine. but then again mine died a few days ago :o
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:07 am

yea, my battery has some gunky stuff on it like battery acid yuckies, but the dealer said it was fine and normal..but dealers will say anything to get you to buy the car.

i brought a mechanic w/ me to check the car out first tho before i bought it and he said it was fine. so i think you're ok
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:56 am

I had a battery leak on my work truck and it corroded everything it leaked on just before dying.

I would recomend you replace it as soon as possible.
Chris
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Fairlite » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:49 pm

Missay wrote:like battery acid yuckies

Im sorry that was just too cute, made me smile :D
Fairlite
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Is this battery okay?

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:08 pm

ericatdallas wrote:Image

Something wrong with the top of the battery? Its slightly leaking acid. I know the terminals do it, but this is the first time I've seen it come from there.

It's not too bad, I've been monitoring it over a couple of weeks and the battery is still good. Just wondering if I should be concerned.

Your battery is fine. That's normal of aging batteries. Now if you are having starting problems, you may want to get your battery load tested at autozone or something.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Kenn157 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:20 pm

I put a DIE HARD "GOLD" in mine. $80+ :roll:
Had a 99 Solara SE V6. Had a 06 Tacoma. Now I have a 2008 Camry SE V6
Kenn157
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:51 pm

fairlite wrote:
Missay wrote:like battery acid yuckies

Im sorry that was just too cute, made me smile :D

hahahah :angel: i couldn't think of what i could say to describe so i figured "battery acid yuckies" was the best verbal description i could think of. heheh...yuckies...it just sounds so...i don't know..yucky! lol
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Cyanide41 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:42 pm

What I suggest doing is getting some baking soda and water mix it together and put it on there. That will neutralize the acid. Then get some terminal grease and put it on there to keep it from corroding further. Mine does that to, I wouldn't worry about it.
JAMES
SC3 Member

To find out how you can own this solara, send an e-mail slvrstreamsolara@aol.com
Cyanide41
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Cyanide41 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:42 pm

What I suggest doing is getting some baking soda and water mix it together and put it on there. That will neutralize the acid. Then get some terminal grease and put it on there to keep it from corroding further. Mine does that to, I wouldn't worry about it.
JAMES
SC3 Member

To find out how you can own this solara, send an e-mail slvrstreamsolara@aol.com
Cyanide41
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:07 am

terminal grease? I can still use Vaseline can't I? I wasn't sure only because normally it just leaks at the terminal. But since it runs fine I'll just monitor it for a while and clean it ever so often.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5