[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Problem with GS rims on my solara...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Problem with GS rims on my solara...

Problem with GS rims on my solara...

Postby carnewb » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:19 pm

I just got my solara used and have lexus GS rims. the front two fit fine but with little spacing left and the last two dont have space to turn at all :oops: the RIM is scraping not the tire :/

So the problem is that the rims are too wide. is there any way i can fix/buy stuff to be able to use these rims?
carnewb

Re: Problem with GS rims on my solara...

Postby impactX » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:48 pm

carnewb wrote:I just got my solara used and have lexus GS rims. the front two fit fine but with little spacing left and the last two dont have space to turn at all :oops: the RIM is scraping not the tire :/

So the problem is that the rims are too wide. is there any way i can fix/buy stuff to be able to use these rims?

Get spacer?
impactX

Postby ICrazyChrisI » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:11 pm

Heheh..widebody? :D
ICrazyChrisI
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby carnewb » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:18 pm

can i get information on spacers? i heard something about adapter? is that the same?
carnewb

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:19 pm

if the rim is scraping on the fender, why would you want to stick your tire more out?

Re: Problem with GS rims on my solara...

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:26 pm

carnewb wrote:I just got my solara used and have lexus GS rims. the front two fit fine but with little spacing left and the last two dont have space to turn at all :oops: the RIM is scraping not the tire :/

Those rims have the wrong offset. You have no choice but to take the rims off and find a proper wheel with the proper offset.

As for spacers...they just push the wheel out...totally opposite of what you want.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby carnewb » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:27 pm

its not the back part of the rim is scraping. its not near the fender. its scraping the part that holds the rotor (sorry dont know my parts well)
carnewb

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5