[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to jack up Solara?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

How to jack up Solara?

How to jack up Solara?

Postby impactX » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:50 pm

Yes I know how to jack it up... but where should I put the jackstand? (for front and rear)

I don't want to work under the car without jackstand.
impactX

Postby krook » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:10 pm

look at your oem jack; it has a tiny sticker that shows you where the best place to put your jack is at. actually, there's tiny groves in your car near the tires that are designated to jack up that puppy. . .
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:15 pm

theres lil notches, make sure ur on a sturdy surface, when i first got my rims my boy leaned on my solara and the metal part b/w the notches got bent :evil:
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:04 am

hmm I know how to jack it up, but where do you put the jack stand? jack stand is the stationary thing to put the car on... jack is the thing to lift the car.

Postby Luc » Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:35 am

If you look under the front and rear of the car, you will see a hemisphere structure off the axle in the middle. Place the jack under there, jack the car up, then put the jack stands under where the notches are at the 4 corners.

Luc
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5