[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pics of clear corners I made
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Pics of clear corners I made

Pics of clear corners I made

Postby nkx1 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:34 pm

As promised, here are pics of the clear corners I made myself martha stewart style. The pics are at the bottom of the page.

www.geocities.com/nkx1/page2.html

Making them was pretty easy. I've read those directions before on SC3, but didn't really need them. All I did was pry apart the clear part from the back with a flat screwdriver, and then used needle nose pliers to extract the orange lense. After that I tried using super glue to glue back the clear part, but it didn't work. All I did was smudge the clear plastic and scratch the silver inside trying to remove glue after it didn't work. Luckily, the scratches aren't too noticable. It's kinda wierd; superglue works so good at glueing my fingers together, but really doesn't work on anything else. So I had to buy some epoxy to glue the lense back. Then I just put some clear silicone sealant over the epoxy for water proofing, and am waiting for it to dry. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's not that bad at all. Definitely worth saving $50 or so.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:11 pm

hey! looking good!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby droomyster » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:09 pm

i really like the look of the stock corners, but since i f'ed mine up, i'm not buying more and chancing it
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:13 pm

dont know why this went off in my head but the reason super glue works so well with skin, is because thats what is was designed for. Its primary use was a ww2 military field dessing :o yep to quickly close up large wounds in a hurry, think about that for a second :o
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby eyedea » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:36 am

i thought you bought clear corners at the meet nkx1.did you?
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nkx1 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:19 pm

_eyedea wrote:i thought you bought clear corners at the meet nkx1.did you?

I was going to, but they didn't quite fit right. So I just made my own for free.
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby eyedea » Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:09 pm

nkx1 wrote:I was going to, but they didn't quite fit right. So I just made my own for free.

can you make mine for free?
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nkx1 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:56 pm

can you make mine for free?

I would, but it's easy to mess something up if you're not careful, so I wouldn't want to mess up your lights on accident, and then have you be stuck with no lights, and you mad at me cause I messed them up. If you take your time with them, you should be ok. The instructions at SC3 should help also. :)
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby eyedea » Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:54 pm

the reason why i asked you that is coz i always seem to mess up everything i try to do.lol. I just know i am going to screw up bigtyme if i do the clear corners myslef. Anyways, worth a shot.
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nkx1 » Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:38 pm

_eyedea wrote:the reason why i asked you that is coz i always seem to mess up everything i try to do.lol. I just know i am going to screw up bigtyme if i do the clear corners myslef. Anyways, worth a shot.

yeah, I figured the worst that would happen is that I'd have to buy some aftermarket clear corners for $50. Anyways, just take your time, and I'm sure you can do it. I always seem to break stuff too when I try to modify something, but I managed the clear corners ok.
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby i20solara02i » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:50 am

hey neil when ya got time wanna help me do clear corners for my 02 please :D or the next time we meet or something
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby happy_aggies » Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:52 am

You can get an aftermarket one for around $30, not bad imo.
That way you can change it back to stock whenever you like it. :)
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby nkx1 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:30 am

LiL cLueLeSS129 wrote:hey neil when ya got time wanna help me do clear corners for my 02 please :D or the next time we meet or something

Sure, no prob. I'll help Robert too. Just be sure to bring some epoxy, and a couple of small brushes to apply the epoxy. I think I still have some silicone sealant that will work whenever we meet.

Btw, clear corners for $30? I've seen some for around that price on ebay, but they alway want $16.95 or so for shipping. So by the time everything is said and done, you will have paid around $50.
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby i20solara02i » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:33 am

nkx1 wrote:
LiL cLueLeSS129 wrote:hey neil when ya got time wanna help me do clear corners for my 02 please :D or the next time we meet or something

Sure, no prob. I'll help Robert too. Just be sure to bring some epoxy, and a couple of small brushes to apply the epoxy. I think I still have some silicone sealant that will work whenever we meet.

Btw, clear corners for $30? I've seen some for around that price on ebay, but they alway want $16.95 or so for shipping. So by the time everything is said and done, you will have paid around $50.

what's epoxy??
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:34 am

isn't it really heavy duty glue?? i think you can get it at like every hardware store
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5