[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Now MY Solara Rattles!!!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Now MY Solara Rattles!!!

Now MY Solara Rattles!!!

Postby redsolara » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:18 am

Ok, im not really good at picking the right aftermarket parts for my Solara, maybee the best move i have made so far for my car was installing Tokico struts BUT, has anyone ever herd of B&G sport springs?
I lowerd my car with those, i didnt know i was getting those, i just told the owner of the sport shop to put me some lowerd springs that are good for my solara, well now everytime i drive i feel every dam pot hole even the smallest ones!!!! I was told that the springs are what make my car feel so bumpy, i thought after installing struts that it would be cool, but it seems like it got even worse after installing the Tokico struts, i hear stuff shaking, and feel my car bumpy on a regular road. Overall, how do you guys fix this!!! Maybee the springs, and what kind of spring are these anyway??? "B&G Sport Springs" i was told there better than intrax???

Thanks for the support evilbat: Happy Holloweenveryone... :evilbat:
Red Solara*Red Solara*Red Solara*Red Solara
redsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby onefiend » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:43 am

thats usually the case when changing from a stock setup to an aftermarket setup. Toyota set the Solara up so it could be the smoothest and most comfortable ride it could be. Everyone knows the lower you go the bumpier and harder the ride (but handles well through corners). Getting aftermarket struts w/ the aftermarket springs reduces the wear and tear of the strut but does not necessarily make it ride like a stock setup.

Remember what the Solara is, its not a sports car...its a 2 door Camry!

You should get the TRD springs over the Eibach's in my opinion just because the TRD springs only lower it 1.25 inches rather than the 1.60 inches of the Eibach. Ive never heard anyone with the B&G springs so I have no idea what kind of drop you have. If its more than 2 inches I think that would be too much for a Solara.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Now MY Solara Rattles!!!

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:24 am

redsolara wrote:Ok, im not really good at picking the right aftermarket parts for my Solara, maybee the best move i have made so far for my car was installing Tokico struts BUT, has anyone ever herd of B&G sport springs?
I lowerd my car with those, i didnt know i was getting those, i just told the owner of the sport shop to put me some lowerd springs that are good for my solara, well now everytime i drive i feel every dam pot hole even the smallest ones!!!! I was told that the springs are what make my car feel so bumpy, i thought after installing struts that it would be cool, but it seems like it got even worse after installing the Tokico struts, i hear stuff shaking, and feel my car bumpy on a regular road. Overall, how do you guys fix this!!! Maybee the springs, and what kind of spring are these anyway??? "B&G Sport Springs" i was told there better than intrax???

Thanks for the support evilbat: Happy Holloweenveryone... :evilbat:

B+G is used by the Lexus guys. It's really not as commonly used as Eibach, H&R and Intrax. Eibach is as close to stock comfort...but much stiffer than stock.

BTW, the TRD Solara springs are IDENTICAL to the Eibach pro kit...regardless of the numbers they give for lowering.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby solaraguy1 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:23 pm

i used eibach and tokico, and i love the ride...
solaraguy1

Postby cdssolara » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:20 pm

I have Eibach and Tokico, as well, and I love the combination. I didn't find that I was noticing road imperfections much more than with stock. Yes, I had to be more careful going over speed bumps and large potholes, but other than that, I felt the ride quality was pretty similar to stock. Any downsides in the ride quality were more than made up for by the better handling and high speed stability. If you're finding that you have a significantly noticeable drop in ride quality, my opinion is that something is wrong with either the products or the installation.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby esotericx » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:37 pm

You know Carlo, I remember how the ride felt in your car, and it's still alot different than mine. My suspension still hasn't softened up, so I notice a big difference when I hit the bumps. Is that weird since we both have the same strut/springs?
esotericx
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cdssolara » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:04 am

Yes, I remember you saying that when you drove my car, and I did notice that yours seemed a bit stiffer than mine. It does seem strange. I always thought it had something to do with the tires we had. Mine is a little firmer than when you drove it, now that it has performance tires and the two thicker sway bars.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby eyedea » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:10 pm

i have sprints springs and i still have to chop the front springs. I love the way the back drop is though. should have gone with eibachs, but i somehow made a hurried decision and went with what the rice shop www.ohcmotoring.com had in stock when i realised how wierd my car looked with 18's and stock springs.
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:16 pm

_eyedea wrote:i have sprints springs and i still have to chop the front springs. I love the way the back drop is though. should have gone with eibachs, but i somehow made a hurried decision and went with what the rice shop www.ohcmotoring.com had in stock when i realised how wierd my car looked with 18's and stock springs.

Cutting the front springs will only give you trouble in the long run. I would never do it nor recommend it to anyone.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5