[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara hit with dirtbike!!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Solara hit with dirtbike!!

Postby Gunman » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:09 pm

ummmmmm come to think about it, why dont you try and make sense?
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby onefiend » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:28 pm

haha Gunman and Missay had some comedy goin there...

sorry to hear about the BRAND NEW car getting hit, that sucks...if it makes anyone feel any better, Ive had my car struck to (by a shopping cart for godsakes) it left about 5-6 dents, but its all fixed now thanks to Dent Masters :)
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gunman » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:37 pm

that's got to suck as well, the day i got it back i was at work and again it was a bit windy and im talking to a customer, my car is parked by the gate and the wind whips up and I see the gate swinging right for the front headlight, but because of the stopper on it, it stopped just a inch or so away from hitting my car again! i dont want to drive anywhere now, between the freakin WIND and old guys with HATS, what the %$#@, &^%damned son of a #$@!^ !!!!! :2gunfire: :x . arghhhhhhhhh, ummmmm so yeah sorry to hear about your car dude :o
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby eyedea » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:49 pm

Gunman wrote:ummmmmm come to think about it, why dont you try and make sense?

damn gunman, you mad as hell huh? did that comment get to you?
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

damn..don`t know if i should have posted this or not

Postby radioflyer » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:56 pm

well...1500 in damage later and a 250 deductable all because of a F#$%$% dirtbike!!!! and her sister can`t afford to give us the freakin $250 to pay for it!!! OMFG can this get any worse you ask? well yes, we are taking it in december 23rd (2 days before x-mas) and they said it will take about 5 days. well lets count this. x-mas eve, x-mas and probably a weekend or two...we should actually have it back in 2 FREAKIN WEEKS!!!!!!! anyway, i think i feel better now! thanks for the replys and listening!

marc :drinking:
radioflyer

Postby krook » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:00 pm

_eyedea wrote:
Gunman wrote:ummmmmm come to think about it, why dont you try and make sense?

damn gunman, you mad as hell huh? did that comment get to you?

actually, i didn't get your first post in this topic either. . .
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby onefiend » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:05 pm

Gunman, sounds like you've had some close calls. It must be those guys with hats. :P

I think _eyedea is trying tell us that instead of fixing up our cars because of little defects that it might have we can spend the $ getting an oil change?
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gunman » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:14 pm

_eyedea wrote:solara owners who have had accidents in their solaras havent quite gotten over the gaa-gaa of owning a solara. Okay, you have a nice car. You look good in that car. So would you please stop daydreaming of how good you look in it and save yourself some major $ that youre otherwise going to spend at earl scheibb or midas !

ONE !

no please explain this to me, the point is?
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby eyedea » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:42 pm

to be honest, i dunno wtf i just typed. Been high all evening. so next time ama try make more sense.
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MNSolara » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:21 pm

on the topic of accidents...drivers in Minnesota totally suck. I've had two hit and run's done unto my car since my purchase of it back in March of 2000. Also...the freakin' door dings! gah! Stupid people....

thank god for paintless dent repair...which will occur this spring after the snow is done flying. and speaking of snow...I hate having to take my rims off every freakin' winter. I think it's time to move.
KMC Evolution (17x7.5) rims | Michelin XGT Z4 tread (P225/50ZR17) | Eclipse CD3422 Deck | JL Audio 12W3v2 Woofer | Alpine VR 1505 amp | Stinger 4 Awg Wire | Sylvania Silverstar H4 & 9006 headlamps | Injen Intake
MNSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:47 pm

Paintless dent repair is a lifesaver. It's great when they have "ding days" down here where they'll do all your dents for $100 bucks.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MNSolara » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:25 pm

Dent Days? very cool...

I guess I've been living on the moon or something because i've never seen such sales around Minneapolis.

okay, I'm going back to my cardboard box in the alley now.
KMC Evolution (17x7.5) rims | Michelin XGT Z4 tread (P225/50ZR17) | Eclipse CD3422 Deck | JL Audio 12W3v2 Woofer | Alpine VR 1505 amp | Stinger 4 Awg Wire | Sylvania Silverstar H4 & 9006 headlamps | Injen Intake
MNSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Solara hit with dirtbike!!

Postby krook » Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:08 pm

Radioflyer wrote: she still had it in first as she was getting off of it. let go of the clutch and held onto the handlebar side with the thottle and gunned it as she was getting off sending it right into the side of our 99 SLE

heh, that reminds me of a time when i was riding my friend's moped.
For some reason, i couldn't stop, AND i couldn't control where i was going. (i never rode bicycles with the handlebar brake) so i wasn't used to that kind of braking. so i started heading for a car, and it only dawned on me to LET GO! of the throttle when i scraped nearly the entire car and my knee as well. heehee, we all had a good laugh. . .

then we all split.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5