[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara hit with dirtbike!!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Solara hit with dirtbike!!

Solara hit with dirtbike!!

Postby Radioflyer » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:56 am

OH HAPPY DAY!!! my future sister-in-law decides to hop on a 100 cc dirtbike and ride it (not experienced at all). well i see her downshifting on the way in thinking she actually knows what she is doing. boy was i wrong!! she still had it in first as she was getting off of it. let go of the clutch and held onto the handlebar side with the thottle and gunned it as she was getting off sending it right into the side of our 99 SLE!!! needless to say that the clutch (metal handle) creased the entire side of the car (mostly the passenger side door). and then it dented behind the door where her fist when into it. everyone was alright, but now her insurance refuses to cover it so i have to go through mine. what a freaking day from hell and the car looks like sh^T!!!! anyway, thought i would just share that and....does anyone happen to have a black passenger door laying around? thanks!
marc :evil: :evil: :evil:
Radioflyer

Postby Jess689 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:05 pm

That sucks...I hope everything turns out okay!
Jess689
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby onefiend » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:46 pm

What is up with everyone messin up their Solaras!? This feels like a bad Twilight Zone episode.

Sorry for your accident, its good everyones ok.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:40 pm

onefiend wrote:What is up with everyone messin up their Solaras!? This feels like a bad Twilight Zone episode.

Sorry for your accident, its good everyones ok.

really!! i hope i'm not a trend setter...really guys..this is not cool!! lol..wow..how many of us have had accidents now?? it seems like every day someone posts something...this makes 2 for today...lol.

and doesn't it seem like everyone sees messed up solaras?? like the lady down the street from me w/ the messed up red solara, and mookie had a guy near him w/ one in the driveway that had been rear ended.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:44 pm

oh man i thought i was the only one, i already had something happen to mine, should have everything back to normal by monday hopefully
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:45 pm

hey, gunman..you can't leave us hanging like that!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:54 pm

ahhhh i feel weird, just after i got the car , on sept.11(of all days) i decide to share a ride in, well anyway it was really windy and parts of my neighbors garage uplifted and smacked into the side of my car causing about 4 grand in damage, the next day is when i took the pic in the picture forum. I leave her home for the first time in my driveway and she gets damaged, what are the odds of that?
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:06 pm

oh no!! and you didn't tell us!! so did their insurance cover it?? i'm guessing that's why you only took a pic of the driver's side??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:10 pm

yeah the other side got hit, the insurance covered it. its up to them to go after their house insurance. i was still upset, thats why i didnt talk about,(unlike most people talking about make it worst for me sometimes) but who could i be mad at ? no one's fault, it's one of those things you gotta take on the chin. :-?
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:13 pm

how new was the car at the time?
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:15 pm

ahhhhhhh go ahead and rip this wound right open, about a week and a half old :cry: :cry: :cry: and yes, she goes in the garage no matter what now.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:20 pm

ohhhhhh...i'm sorry!! it's ok..you can talk to us..this is a good sign that you're ready to heal!! hahah..and you're solara will be ok soon!!

go ahead, gunman...vent to us!!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:25 pm

ALL BEACASE OF SOME BULL$%^# MOTHER*#@!%^%%$, SON OF A *^%$##^, CAN SHOVE UP ITS &$$ :agrue: #%$@SUCKING NO GOOD #@!. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! :o
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:09 pm

see, now don't u feel better?! :angel:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby eyedea » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:05 pm

solara owners who have had accidents in their solaras havent quite gotten over the gaa-gaa of owning a solara. Okay, you have a nice car. You look good in that car. So would you please stop daydreaming of how good you look in it and save yourself some major $ that youre otherwise going to spend at earl scheibb or midas !

ONE !
Last edited by eyedea on Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyedea
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5