[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Does the Solara have a chip in the keys?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Does the Solara have a chip in the keys?

Postby Gunman » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:52 pm

ouch, also from what i understand now is that these new generation of transponders, is that the dealer in NOT keeping them on file, and if you lose one or some problem develops, they have to reprogram all keys at once or the new computers wont accept them, Last winter some guy came in with a pathfinder and we added a remote start, but after the install he decided to get a new key made. The dealer made him come back for us to remove the key from the transponder mod reprogram all keys and then reinstall the mod again. Of course we charged him also :D , but like miss said up earlier KEEP YOU KEYS CODES SAFE, and not in your cars!
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:03 pm

Gunman wrote:but like miss said up earlier KEEP YOU KEYS CODES SAFE, and not in your cars!

hehehe..yea, a key code does you no good when it's on the key chain and your keys are in your trunk!! lol..at least we have a trunk release..if you don't have one in a car..don't lock the keys in there! it is a pain to get them out b/c 90% of the time the lock can't be picked on the trunk and you have to get a key cut. if the dealer won't give you the key code over the phone, is closed, or just doesn't have it then you're screwed...it will cost you big bucks to get it cut w/out the key code, especially during after hours!!

i really should copy my own key code down..heheh..i memorized it, but i know if i needed it then i'd forget it as soon as someone asked me for it. i'd much rather have a locksmith cut a key from a key code if i locked the keys inside than have a t/f use a lockout kit. i might have to pay for the parts and labor (under $30bucks..some places wouldn't even charge it) but i'd at least get the service call of them heading out to me covered thru work.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:11 pm

car comII for me, if i ever do get a brain fart and lock em in the car , i can just call up and unlock via phone. If anyone want to add a remote start for the winter, just give a call I'll give you whatever wirecodes you need to make it happen. :drinking:
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:50 pm

what's your suggestion on what type of car starter to get, gunmen? (and what's the price range of them! lol...i have to the money to do it..but the terror of college debt is slowly, but surely starting!!)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:57 pm

sorry was mixing a cd, if you can wati a bit , the viper is about to ship the new remote starts with the reciever key pads, im sure youve seen em, is has a small pic of a car and when it remote starts, it sends a signal back to the remote and you see small smoke puffs behind the car indicatiing that the car is on, Maybe i should talk to my buyer if a few of you guys want some, maybe we can work out a package for the solaraguys.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:42 pm

Flip, I don't mean to doubt you but i am 100% sure my dad can do the toyotas. Its not very hard, they even have machines out not like the RW2 that can program the keys without even touching the ignition. He is a small mom and pop store and can do almost all keys except for router and lazer cut.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:11 am

there are two ways to duplicate our keys. One is to put it into a machine like the RW2 which will program them automatically, and the other is if you go through an ignition sequence, you can have the computer program one of the keys for you. Missay, your right, i shouldn't have said "any" hardware store. But actually a lot in the NJ area can do them. There is big money in keys actually since the key blank only costs $6-10 and its about 10 minutes of labor all together
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Missay » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:16 pm

happy_aggies wrote:I just wondering if you have info for the "keyhole roadside assistance in texas.

ok...it is in plano

keyhole roadside assistance
plano, tx
972-501-9541
ralph & trudy pawson own it.

(just tell them that a boston CCAS rep referred you to them :P )
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5