[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rattling at high speeds?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Rattling at high speeds?

Rattling at high speeds?

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:33 pm

This is probally a dumb question but the other day i was on the highway, and my car with Stock suspension :( was rattling a little. The steering wheel was a little shakey. I was doing about 80 MPH +. I'm sure this is normal but i just got a little paranoid because i took my whole car apart the other day to install XM Radio. Dont worry after the winter gunna do eibach and tokico
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:43 am

mine doesnt rattle... i'm on stock springs/struts

I've gone over 100 w/o a really shakey steering wheel either *_*

maybe the xm radio waves are too strong and rattle your car? lol
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:36 pm

haha. Its actually not my car that rattles, its just the steering that is a little shaky. O well, not too worried
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jaimster » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:51 pm

yanks0114 wrote:haha. Its actually not my car that rattles, its just the steering that is a little shaky. O well, not too worried

Could be a bent wheel or defective tire. :D
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: Rattling at high speeds?

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:18 pm

yanks0114 wrote:This is probally a dumb question but the other day i was on the highway, and my car with Stock suspension :( was rattling a little. The steering wheel was a little shakey. I was doing about 80 MPH +. I'm sure this is normal but i just got a little paranoid because i took my whole car apart the other day to install XM Radio. Dont worry after the winter gunna do eibach and tokico

Sounds like your tires are out of balance. Are your wheels pulling to the right or left when you let go?
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5