[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Noob question?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Noob question?

Postby TRDmonkey » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:05 pm

Not that high.
99 SLE V6 Solara
92 SC300 5 Speed Turbo
90 300ZX Twin Turbo (Sold)
87 N/A MKIII (Sold)
TRDmonkey
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RichD978 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:12 pm

yeah... thanks for the answer :roll:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby socalisolara » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:49 pm

lolz, not that high.. that is freaken funny as hell
socalisolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby quikz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:36 pm

less than 180
01 blk SLE
quikz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby OKANG » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:19 pm

Well, the 2.2L is 135hp at the crank. Figuring 20% power loss for FWD cars, I'd say in the neighborhood of 108hp at the wheels.
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TadS » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:57 am

If you want more performance out of the 2.2 changing the muffler alone isn't the way to go. Getting K&N drop in and a rear sway bar are much better uses of the same money.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby OKANG » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:32 pm

I agree! Changing out the muffler isn't going to do much for performance if you leave the restrictive piping. Even if you get a full cat-back exhaust, you aren't going to see a lot of gains. IMO, the best way to make a 2.2 faster is to get a 3.0 instead 8)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Turbosolara » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:05 pm

no matter what you do, it is still slow. so just make the car looks nice and handles well
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Sap Z » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:50 pm

I honeslty think you should get the K&N droip in. will only cost you 45$ and will make it sound very good. the muffler will only make it heavier n maybe slow..
SapZ
V6 SE DWP

Sap Z
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby OKANG » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:08 pm

Sap Z wrote:I honeslty think you should get the K&N droip in. will only cost you 45$ and will make it sound very good. the muffler will only make it heavier n maybe slow..

Yeah, getting a K&N is always safe.

The muffler isn't going to affect weight much at all. I don't see where you're getting that.

Maybe you should qualify "slow". If you lose too much exhaust backpressure, then your torque goes down, but you'll gain a little on the top-end. The stock exhaust is tuned well for the stock motor. Unless you do a major mod, such as "build" the motor or go forced induction, the exhaust won't help you much. That's the general concensus around here anyway. Most N/A guys do it for the sound and the look. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with Turbosolara - go for looks and handling :)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
OKANG
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mandarinsolara » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:40 pm

please dont confuse solara with ... a fast car

make it looks sweet and you can still show up anybody with a fast car by showing them you have the willpower to not drive like a fool. chop choppin it in the slow lane is the way to go sometimes.
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Nutty101 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:18 am

Mandarinsolara wrote:please dont confuse solara with ... a fast car

make it looks sweet and you can still show up anybody with a fast car by showing them you have the willpower to not drive like a fool. chop choppin it in the slow lane is the way to go sometimes.

yeah, it looks good. However the car is quick, just depends on what you do and how you drive. Never been in the 4 banger so I dunno about it but the v6 has some juice to it. Don't discount our cars as unable to move. Cause when it comes down to it, They can move pretty good. Also if you drive it like a granny all the time, Don't expect the car to be quick at all. You need to make it accept the fact it's not a slow car. That way it learns what you want from it. The more you do it the quicker it goes. Our car isn't stupid, it just wants to please the driver. Drive it like a jackass and you might be amazed....
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5