[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CEL flashing and then remaining on
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

CEL flashing and then remaining on

CEL flashing and then remaining on

Postby esculatus » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Sorry I know this question has been asked before. But I just couldn't find the old thread. Does anyone know what does it mean to have flashing CEL light? and then after it flashed a few times, the CEL remains on.

Thanks in advance.
esculatus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: CEL flashing and then remaining on

Postby Nutty101 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:40 pm

esculatus wrote:Hi all,

Sorry I know this question has been asked before. But I just couldn't find the old thread. Does anyone know what does it mean to have flashing CEL light? and then after it flashed a few times, the CEL remains on.

Thanks in advance.

Depends. Could be a knocksensor or who knows. You would have to scan the car. Go down to an autozone and they will do it for free. Then look up on the internet the code/codes. Will give you an idea.
Nutty101
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:03 pm

flashing means you have a serious problem
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby RichD978 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:24 pm

I thought it meant serious problem

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Parke10 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:59 pm

lol my brothers civic CIL was flashing when 2 cyl werent firing at all and 1 was miss fireing, stupid car was cleaning plug wires.
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby esculatus » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:49 pm

yeah, it's a re-occurring problem. Two times, cylinder 6 mis firing. Does this mean I need to change plugs?

Thanks
esculatus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5