[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to replace brake booster?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

How to replace brake booster?

How to replace brake booster?

Postby grsd03 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Hey everyone,

So I've found out that my brake booster is bad, hence my very weak stopping power and loud hissing sounds. I've tried replacing the gasket between the brake booster and master cylinder and still has not corrected the problem.

Now Toyota has quoted me $1400 to do the job with labour and taxes. What you guys think, is it worth it?
Can I just do it myself?
How hard is it?
How do you do it?
How do I know what part I need (where is the part number located)?

Thanks in advance
'99 SLE, sandstorm silver, auto, stock on 18's
grsd03
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5