[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 99 SLE V6 thermostat help.
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

99 SLE V6 thermostat help.

99 SLE V6 thermostat help.

Postby synenergy52 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:30 am

I changed my thermostat today. Seems to be a successful install. But I have two questions:

1) I stripped the third (hardest to get to) stud of the thermostat housing so I only have two "nuts" holding that housing down. There's no leaking but is this OK??? I cross threaded the third stud on accident :( The nut does NOT want to screw on to the stud. It seems to be tight.

2) There's a empty socket on top of that housing which looks like a plug should plug into it. I bought my car used and it seems they worked on the car/replaced the engine before. Could they have forgot a plug? The empty socket dips into the coolant in that metal tube and appears to be some sort of tempurature sensor or something.

3) Sorry--one more question... whats the jiggle valve for on the thermostat?

Here's a pic of the housing w/ the empty socket mine has.. with no plug! I searched my engine bay and there's no plug lying around :(

Image Here's the jiggle valve.. and another view of the 3 bolts that secure that thermostat housing down... The ones I secured are the top and bottom ones.
synenergy52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5