[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Any fuel pump problems out there?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Any fuel pump problems out there?

Postby shocar4 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:37 pm

the ones on urd are cheaper from what i am finding on ebay!
99DWP SC 4psi, TRD shortshifter, 305 RC's, Jim's fuel, iK22, 190lph walbro, ssfc, 170 thermo, greddy catback!(SOLD)
99DWP SC 4psi, Injen CAI, TRD exhaust, TRD shortshifter, Jim's Fuel, Magnecore wires, NGK Iridium IX!(SOLD)
shocar4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bullet3z » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Well after 1 & 1/2 weeks at the shop and almost $80 later, still no fix. The mechanics at the shop were unable to get the thing to act up. They claim that every time they tried to start it, the car fired right up. :roll: Glad they charged me for that mechanical attempt.

So I just tried to start it, guess what. It would not start, shocker. So Now I am getting fed up with this. I took some starting fluid and it fired right up but the idle was low. So I am guessing that this must be the fuel pump. I also want to change the coil packs since it should be easy to change them too.
bullet3z
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 pm

so...if you spent 80bucks for them to try and fix the problem.....why didn't you just replace the pump in the first place since that would have cost under 100 anyway?
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bullet3z » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Thank you, now you know how I feel. The problem with just changing the fuel pump in the first place is I do not want to spend money chasing down a problem. If I change the fuel pump and it still acts up, then what? But now that I spent that money and did not get a answer it would have been about the same amount of money to get me where I am now. :cry:
bullet3z
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:36 pm

yeah, that's the problem with troubleshooting sometimes...you gotta do the detective work and then throw at least some money at it

good luck
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bullet3z » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Here is info for everyone. DO NOT CALL URD for a fuel pump. They no longer carry pumps for our cars. The salesmen told me over the phone that they do not carry them because they lost money on them. They have to order them in a batch and then modify them in house. Then sit on them till they sell. They claim that if we wanted 10 or more at this time then they would look into doing it.

Moving on to the next vendor.
bullet3z
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:54 pm

yeah, just pick up a universal one and you'll be fine
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Any fuel pump problems out there?

Postby zeiset777 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Did you ever find out your problem?
I've been searching online for this exact problem. It's not, the fuel pump or filter, the battery had a lot of corrosion, but I cleaned it up and it still acts up at times. The mechanic started the car literally 75 times and had no trouble. 3 days later it did it again!!!! Any chance it could be the key? I have an 01 2.2L 4 Cylinder with over 220K miles on it. I'm thinking either the chip in the key is bad (If thats even a possibility) or else a computer problem.
zeiset777
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Any fuel pump problems out there?

Postby Billdo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 am

This thread was 5 years old when you revived it. Yikes, GL with your issue though.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5