[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question on seatbelts in a convertible...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Question on seatbelts in a convertible...

Question on seatbelts in a convertible...

Postby offthahook » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:45 pm

LONG time no posting from me. Oh well, it's good to be in the Solara convertible after a long ass time waiting for weather to break.

Anyway, I have a 2001 SLE convertible and the driver seatbelt NEVER retracts into the slot. I can manually push it in however. The belt does pull tight while I'm wearing it. So, I call the dealer hoping that there is a recall or a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts. Nope. 5Y/60K on them so I talk to parts and it's $208 for just the part. My question is what will interchange on the convertibles. I assume the seatbelts in the front are totally different than the hardtops belts. The parts guy said there were 4 different seatbelts for my car and he would need the VIN. Now, does that mean the other three just won't work at all period or that they're just made by a different manufacturer? I might try for a used seatbelt (gray if ya got one) and I have done this in the past with no issues. There is no aftermarket product made that I know of. Any insight would be appreciated because $208 is steep; I bet wholesale would run $160 or so... TIA.
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5