[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - blinking trac light & ABS
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

blinking trac light & ABS

blinking trac light & ABS

Postby Robert » Mon May 04, 2009 5:52 am

hoping someone here has some idea of what this means,

I just recently changed out my brakes & every so often, my traction control light begins to blink and the ABS light comes on... When these are on, i also cannot use my cruise control...

Hoping someone has an idea of what the problem might be
Robert
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby unbalancedwood » Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 am

Do you think you disconnects, cut, or broke that little black/grey wire when doing your brakes? The TRAC OFF light will stay on if there is something wrong with the car.

Usually, people brake the ABS line when changing out their suspension. The whole assembly drops down lower then the length of the ABS line causing it to brake. Supporting it with a jack or brick can prevent this...
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Robert » Mon May 04, 2009 6:55 am

nothing broke, and nothing hung on it's own, always supported...

It's not always on, they usually come on about 10-30 minutes into driving
Robert
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: blinking trac light & ABS

Postby RandySolara » Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 pm

Robert wrote:hoping someone here has some idea of what this means,

I just recently changed out my brakes & every so often, my traction control light begins to blink and the ABS light comes on... When these are on, i also cannot use my cruise control...

Hoping someone has an idea of what the problem might be

If the ABS are always on then something not correct after you changed your brakes. If something wrong with the wheels, the Traction Control will act like that.

Solara SLE v6 1999 = traction always off
Solara SLE v6 2001 = traction always on : I have to manually turn off all the times, 2001 they makes it weird.
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Postby Chinky420 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:44 pm

my 1999 sle v6 always has the traction on when i start the car. the button has to be pressed every time to turn Trac Off.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Sun May 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Something is wrong with the system. The trac light blinks when there is wheel slippage and the brakes are applied by the computer. If the abs light pops on immediately following the blinking trac light then you have lost the abs system's function. Try to activte the abs by locking up your brakes on a slow roll and see if that trips the abs warning light. At some point during the brake replacement a line may have been damaged, a sensor got knocked out of wack, or the something just mechanically failed due to years of wear.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GreenSolara01 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:46 pm

I bet it is a whell speed sensor.

You can check by jumping the terminals in one of the dig terms in your car. you should be able to reset it with a paper clip. If it comes back on you know you have to replace it.
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: blinking trac light & ABS

Postby sparkz247 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 am

I've had the same thing happen to me. My alternator went and all the lights came on and those were the first. The alternator was replaced and now every few days this happens to me. Blinking traction and ABS lights. I shut off the car and start it back up and then nothing for a few more days. I learned I could recreate the same thing happening. Under the hood on the left attached to the mater cylinder is a black computer module of some sort. If you unplug the grey (I think) plug from it and then start the car, the same lights blink. Turn off the car and plug it back in and it's fine. I think theres possibly a short in that module from the alternator going. My alternator was installed wrong by Pep Boys and it fried the wiring. The tech said it was hooked up wrong and the wires just crumbled. I think it may have also fried that. I'm working on Pep Boys to replace it. But even when I bring it in and it's happening, they shut down the car and check the computer for codes and say there are ABS codes they can't read and to go to the dealer. I've gone through 3 alternators in a year. After it fried they replaced it twice so far.. If anyone having this issue changes out that black module then please let me know if it worked.

Thanks!
sparkz247
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5