[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - All new suspension, aligned. STILL pulls/drifts to left.
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

All new suspension, aligned. STILL pulls/drifts to left.

Postby 5sfe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:08 pm

TIERODS!! inner more likely.. i did a corrolla's inner tie rods, amd drove it to the aligment shop and that thing was pulling everywhere, but once i got it to the shop and aligned thing was brand new, check them out and let me know, i got MORE!! o yea check your outer rods
5sfe
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm

check your tie rods. Most likely it is the rack n pinion.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby xan16 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:08 pm

What determines a tie rod (outer or inner) problem from a rack & pinion problem? Can't seem to find that anywhere.
2000 Solara SE V6. Autumn Red Mica
[ Eibach lowering springs | Tokico struts | 17x8 wheels | custom exhaust | tint | etc... ]
xan16
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

f

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm

i got 2 rack & pinion pm me if you're interested.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby azsolara » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:19 am

You could always try the rack and pinion bushings. If theres play in them itll cause pull right or left. Ive had problems with my buddy's scuby before new bushings fixed it.
99 DWP, TRD rsb, Eibach Pro Kit, Injen SRI w/ cold air ext, Trans cooler, New motor with 3 angle valve job.
azsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dug320 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Any half competent alignment tech would spot tie rod issues. Go ask the tech if they had any problems.

Did you have the alignment set with a full tank of gas?

Does the issue arise when anyone is driving or just yourself.

It sounds like it is a strut issue.
dug320
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TadS » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm

You guys are missing the obvious thing, has the car ever been wrecked? Even curbed, slide off the road etc. Something way be bent, the cradle may be shifted. Any decent alignment tech would catch a bad tie-rod, rack, or bushings. In fact checking all that crap is the first thing you should do when do an alignment. I would ask for a print out. Hunter machines, which I have experience with, give one. These show all the angles before and after the alignment. On the Solara there really isn't anything you can do for caster, but camber and toe are adjustable. Based on the fact that you're getting the pull when turning, I like the bearing plate / spring theory though (either faulty, or miss-installed).
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MarcoSolara02 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 pm

x2^^i have the same promblem, my caster is messed up and a body shop has to pull the frame back, because my left tire is ahead of the right so it shifts to the right because my car was in a crash,, not to mention ita VERY EXPENSIVE to pull it back.
[img][IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/s14marco/0702001319a.jpg[/IMG][/img]
18" SSR Wheels, 20 % Tint all around, Trd muffler, Eibach/Tokico.
MarcoSolara02
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 02slera » Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 pm

oh come on... what is "VERY EXPENSIVE"? i only ask because my car was wrecked before i bought it and i do not have the pulling to the left problem... my steering wheel shakes when i go over 50 mph, i have new rotors, pads, just lowered the car with new eibach springs and tokico struts and new tires and balance and alignment and it still shakes.
2002 Solara SLE v6
02slera
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Wed May 12, 2010 7:16 pm

02slera wrote:oh come on... what is "VERY EXPENSIVE"? i only ask because my car was wrecked before i bought it and i do not have the pulling to the left problem... my steering wheel shakes when i go over 50 mph, i have new rotors, pads, just lowered the car with new eibach springs and tokico struts and new tires and balance and alignment and it still shakes.

That's your tires. I had the same problem with my old Honda Accord. Get some new tires and balance them. It worked well on my Accord.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 02slera » Thu May 13, 2010 3:57 am

^^ stock wheels and tires shakes,
used 18" rims and tires shakes,
new tires on 18" rims and balance and alignment, still shakes.
2002 Solara SLE v6
02slera
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TadS » Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 am

Try having a lug centric balance done. Make sure that you have the right sized hub centric rings. I would also have them check the wheels and tires for movement. You can balance a tire with a hop or shimmy, but it will still give you feedback in the car.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MarcoSolara02 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 am

02slera wrote:oh come on... what is "VERY EXPENSIVE"? i only ask because my car was wrecked before i bought it and i do not have the pulling to the left problem... my steering wheel shakes when i go over 50 mph, i have new rotors, pads, just lowered the car with new eibach springs and tokico struts and new tires and balance and alignment and it still shakes.

having them pull back your car frame/caster.
[img][IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/s14marco/0702001319a.jpg[/IMG][/img]
18" SSR Wheels, 20 % Tint all around, Trd muffler, Eibach/Tokico.
MarcoSolara02
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby xavier » Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 am

I got the shaking steering wheel at 50+ too. Ive had my wheels balanced many times with no resolution. It shakes with my aftermarket 18's with hubcentric rings after a balancing. It also shakes with my stockers after balancing them too.

Let me know if you able to fix the problem. I just stopped driving my solara...not a great solution but it works for me.
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:03 am

My Lara use to shake and pull to the left as well. Thats when I noticed a blown CV transaxle on the driver's side. At the same time I was installing the EricSol BBK I got from Gabe. Also had a bent knuckle on the driver's side (figured that out the hard way) and on top of all that I needed new wheel bearings.

After all that the wheel doesn't shake, but still pulls to the left a bit. Ive also noticed a lot more road steer as well. Even after new wheels & tires, and having it correctly balanced and aligned with SPC camber bolt only on the passenger side. The only few things left that it could be is rack & pinnion, CV transaxle on passenger side, or tie rods but I doubt its tie rods.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5