[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - [Updated pics] Door won't open from the interior
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

[Updated pics] Door won't open from the interior

Postby mig0s » Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 pm

^^

It is definitely a bracket with a bolt... I'm not sure it has something to do with the door lock...

Now you said the coil might be for a seat..I'm not sure if it has to do with the door lock neither lol.. :S
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm

The lower cable doesn't look connected to the door latch to release when you pull on it.

That spring looks to be part of one of your seats as SleeperSolara said along with the bracket that goes on the rear package tray.
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby mig0s » Wed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm

^^

I tried to pull the door latch and I saw the lower cable pulls inside the black plastic cover at the same time...
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nemoxfishy » Thu May 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Why not try taking the passenger door apart and compare the 2 sides?
nemoxfishy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: [Updated pics] Door won't open from the interior

Postby 99trollaraSLE » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 pm

your cable probably snapped near the door latch (opposite end of the cable from the door handle). Easy fix. Dunno if you fixed it even though its been like 1.5 years; but, you said you've had the issue for 2 years so I thought I'd post. All you do is pop the end of the cable out of the yellow clip near the door latch and pop in the new cable (15-20 bucks + 15 minutes).
You get what you pay for is a phrase for those intellectually incapable of securing a great bargain
99trollaraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Yeah the left bracket is a bracket thats right in between both rear speakers. you should have three back there your maybe missing one and dont know it.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby mig0s » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 am

99trollaraSLE wrote:your cable probably snapped near the door latch (opposite end of the cable from the door handle). Easy fix. Dunno if you fixed it even though its been like 1.5 years; but, you said you've had the issue for 2 years so I thought I'd post. All you do is pop the end of the cable out of the yellow clip near the door latch and pop in the new cable (15-20 bucks + 15 minutes).

Man you know what since I last posted in this thread I just never cared about it. I've been pulling the window down and open from outside since years loll even in the rain/snow. Thanks for your post, I'll get it fixed soon when i have little more time. I can just buy any cable at any hardware store right?
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:36 am

mig0s wrote:Man you know what since I last posted in this thread I just never cared about it. I've been pulling the window down and open from outside since years loll even in the rain/snow.

LOL forreal???
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby thenewguy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:00 pm

I had this problem... ended up being just a broken cable that went from the hackers to the door. Cost 5 bucks to fix hehe :)
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99trollaraSLE » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:52 pm

mig0s wrote:
99trollaraSLE wrote:your cable probably snapped near the door latch (opposite end of the cable from the door handle). Easy fix. Dunno if you fixed it even though its been like 1.5 years; but, you said you've had the issue for 2 years so I thought I'd post. All you do is pop the end of the cable out of the yellow clip near the door latch and pop in the new cable (15-20 bucks + 15 minutes).

Man you know what since I last posted in this thread I just never cared about it. I've been pulling the window down and open from outside since years loll even in the rain/snow. Thanks for your post, I'll get it fixed soon when i have little more time. I can just buy any cable at any hardware store right?

you really can't just use any cable unless you really want to customize it. The reason is that the cable has a stiff cover which snaps into notches at the lock end and door handle end. If you don't snap it in, you will not get proper tension to unlatch the lock. This is the part number 69720B and stock number at village toyota 6971006020. Its like $3.50 for the cable and 10-12 bucks for shipping.

I picked the wrong part the first time and used a paperclip at the door handle end to keep it secured because it was missing the little metal rod piece on one end. It worked fine, but I ended up snapping the plastic clip by the lock end. paperclip > factory plastic clip (figures). I ended up just buying the correct cable in the end. Here's some pics so you get a good idea of how it will go together. Do not judge the condition of my handle. I am replacing it!

Take off this screw

admire how the paperclip offsets the handle like a Bauc

Pull out the power window/lock console and unplug it.

remove screws here and there

I always forget this screw and can't figure out why i'm almost ripping my door off the hinge trying to get the panel off

Unplug your speakers

This is where it clips on the lock end. The handle end is pretty self explanatory.

Reverse directions to close it up and give your window a break.

By the way, i was able to pull out the little rod piece just using my fingers and the plastic clip remained in tact..... for a while lol. You can get the clips at autozone for 2.99. The catch is that you get a mix batch of 4 and only 1 of them is the correct clip. You will not get the clips with the cable from village toyota. You do not need a clip for your handle.

Good luck!
You get what you pay for is a phrase for those intellectually incapable of securing a great bargain
99trollaraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TheGreenDutch » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 am

nice right up! ^ you should post that in tutorials Trollara...
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mad_B_Rad » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:09 pm

i just hads to replace my interior door handle.. i was opening the door by using the cable, and just pulling it with my fingers, lol. but MAKE SURE that the cable from the door latch is connected into the black plastic bracket that hods your actual door handle. those can break and the cable will just sit loosely in there. i got a new one from a junk yard for 5 bucks.
Mad_B_Rad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5