[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - [Updated pics] Door won't open from the interior
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

[Updated pics] Door won't open from the interior

[Updated pics] Door won't open from the interior

Postby mig0s » Sat May 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey y'all,

I've have a small but very arrogant issue that I knew since before I bought the car. The doors won't open from the interior, everytime i wanna get out I have to roll down the windows and pull the handle from the outside =.=

EDIT: I removed the whole door panel and can't see what the problem is...

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by mig0s on Wed May 12, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Door won't open from the interior- *Removing bezel*

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat May 08, 2010 11:51 pm

mig0s wrote:I've have a small but very arrogant issue that I knew since before I bought the car. The doors won't open from the interior, everytime i wanna get out I have to roll down the windows and pull the handle from the outside =.=

loll. that's a small issue? it happened to the back passenger door of my brother's avalon and even that was annoying as hell. can't imagine on a two-door. if i saw someone on the street doin that i'd be sayin "ghettttoooooo!!" good luck with that and hope you get it fixed fast.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MisterTedster » Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 am

Stick a flathead screwdriver in the gap between the lock and the bezel itself, turn slightly to open up the gap, and pop out the bezel.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Sun May 09, 2010 1:20 pm

^^

I've been tried that for at least 20 times... It just won't pop out. NOTHING POPS OUT i'm a mad man now I think i'll just buy another door.

not..

I'll keep trying thanks for the help.

Anyone else have suggestions not only on popping out the bezel, but on fixing the lock issues?
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Sun May 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Did you remove the screw behind the little cap in the center of the bezel??

You need to pop that little cap off first. You will see a little screw back there. Then try to remove the bezel by putting a flat head at the TOP of the door lock and turn. The bezel should be lifted enough to pop off then.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby mig0s » Sun May 09, 2010 2:17 pm

^^

I don't see no screws... Unless you mean the square cap?
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Sun May 09, 2010 2:47 pm

There is a screw behind that cap and you will need to remove that screw.

There should be two clips on the door handle bezel....one on the right and one on the left.

If you have a pick or an upholstery tool (panal remover) you can use it to unhook the door bezel from the door. Make sure you don't use too much force or you will break those two clips connected by the bezel.

The only thing I can think of as to why your doors don't open from the inside is because the door cables aren't connected or broken perhaps, the previous owner probably attempted to repair the doors for some reason or other is my only guess.
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby mig0s » Sun May 09, 2010 8:36 pm

^^

Thank you for your advise. I'll try that tomorrow!
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Make sure if you are removing the entire Door Panal, there will be additional screws on the bottom of the door, by the mirror there are two more, one in the center where you pull the door to close it and a few push in clips.

Everyone whose posted in your thread so far, including myself, only listed what to do to remove the door handle bezel and not the entire door panal.

Hope this helps you out. 8)
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby mig0s » Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 pm

^^

Seems like I gotta remove all the door panel to fix the lock issue... :S

Thank you very much for your help tough!
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Tue May 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Update: I removed the whole door panel but can`t see what`s the problem. I have a 2 inch coil that I know might be involved... I think I might have to remove the lock, and I have no idea how to..

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed May 12, 2010 9:36 am

You should take pictures so we can show and point to you what could be wrong.
It could be the metal arm or plastic tab that could be broken.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby indiglosolara » Wed May 12, 2010 10:23 am

sounds like you have a broken cable. I replaced one of those for another member on here before. It connects from the inside door handle to the door latch.

Its a pretty cheap part between 10 to 15 bucks to replace.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby mig0s » Wed May 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Alright guys i'm updating some pics (sorry for crappy quality...cell phone pics):

Here you can see the poor panel is taken off

Here, the interior door lock with the bezel off

Here is that black cable linking the interior unlock handle and the door lock

And here you can see the coil I was talking about. I found it in the passenger side glove box. I am sure it has something to do with it. And at the left I don't know what it is for.

Anyone has any ideas?
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed May 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hmmm....
The coil looks like for a seat??
The left thing that looks like a bracket wit a bolt goes to the rear seats on top of the rear package tray.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5